Upgrade GHz Asus X751N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
That laptop should handle a 100mbps internet connection absolutely no problem, i'm not sure what test that is but it is wrong.

From what I found that laptop uses the intel N4200 CPU, which has a base clock speed of 1.1ghz and a turbo clock of 2.5ghz. So it is already capable of more than 2.0ghz. Not sure why that would matter anyway, any somewhat modern laptop or even smart phone with a decent network card can handle a lot more than a 100mbps internet connection.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
What? You want to overclock the CPU to 2ghz? There is no CPU that runs at 2000ghz lol, you mean 2000mhz which is 2ghz.

To answer your question, no I doubt the BIOS of that laptop will allow CPU overclocking and if it does I would never recommend overclocking a laptop CPU, it's cooler likely wouldn't handle the extra heat.

Jul 30, 2018
Dunlop0078, I may not have worded the question correctly but I'm having my internet upgraded to 100 Mbps and did a PC power test. The results said my PC requires at least 2. 0 GHz processor and requires an upgrade. So you are saying what I need to do to achieve a 2.0 GHz processor is not possible.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
That laptop should handle a 100mbps internet connection absolutely no problem, i'm not sure what test that is but it is wrong.

From what I found that laptop uses the intel N4200 CPU, which has a base clock speed of 1.1ghz and a turbo clock of 2.5ghz. So it is already capable of more than 2.0ghz. Not sure why that would matter anyway, any somewhat modern laptop or even smart phone with a decent network card can handle a lot more than a 100mbps internet connection.

Solution
Jul 30, 2018

Jul 30, 2018
Hello Dunlop0078,

I appreciate your responses. The site I used was PCtoolbox.ATT.com which was recommended by AT&T's video advising what to do before my internet upgrade. PC toolbox also completed diagnostic tests to "identify and fix" system errors which may be slowing down my PC.

I had a feeling PC toolbox was just scam to get customers to purchase a subscription because it didn't fix the issues identified. Your second response confirms my feeling. I may need to reconsider my decision to stay with AT & T if these are the sort of tactics they employ to dupe unsuspecting shoppers to purchase bogus PC repair apps.

Thanks again for your information.

Status
Not open for further replies.