[SOLVED] upgrade graphic card

vtpatsfan

Reputable
Feb 22, 2020
I am looking to upgrade my graphic card on my dell computer.I had a post i did back in february of this year where i asked about this and one of your membeers helped me aalot about whicch cards i should get.But because of covid i was not able to buy them so now i am able to get them thru amazon.But the two cards that were recommended are not listed on amazon but they haave cards that i think will work bbut am not sure so i was wondering if someone might take alook to see if they will or not.The first card is a EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card.The second is a SI Radeon RX 5500 XT MECH 8G OC Graphic Card.

Can you list your computer setup again (CPU, Case size, etc).
Overall the 1660 Super offers more performance but is a little more expensive, though you're looking at a 20-30 FPS difference. If the 1660 SUPER 6 GB SC ULTRA GAMING card fits your case and you have a 450 W or greater power supply, then you should be fine getting it.

vtpatsfan

Reputable
Feb 22, 2020
( heres my system information for my computer I hope this helps.)
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-DF7L10P
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model XPS 8900
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU 06B8
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 2.6.1, 5/23/2019
SMBIOS Version 2.8
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer Dell Inc.
BaseBoard Product 0XJ8C4
BaseBoard Version A00
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.628"
User Name DESKTOP-DF7L10P\venli
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.88 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.24 GB
Total Virtual Memory 9.13 GB
Available Virtual Memory 4.28 GB
Page File Space 1.25 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

( heres my system information for my computer I hope this helps.)
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-DF7L10P
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model XPS 8900
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU 06B8
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 2.6.1, 5/23/2019
SMBIOS Version 2.8
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer Dell Inc.
BaseBoard Product 0XJ8C4
BaseBoard Version A00
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.628"
User Name DESKTOP-DF7L10P\venli
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.88 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.24 GB
Total Virtual Memory 9.13 GB
Available Virtual Memory 4.28 GB
Page File Space 1.25 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Both the 1660 Super and 5500XT should work in this. As I said earlier, the 1660 Super offers more performance but is about 60$ moire expensive (at least where I am). You'll also want to make sure the card will fit in your case. Look up the dimensions of both cards on their manufacturer specific website and determine if it'll fit in your case. They don't look that big and should fit in any normal ATX mid-tower, but double check anyway.

vtpatsfan

Reputable
Feb 22, 2020
Both the 1660 Super and 5500XT should work in this. As I said earlier, the 1660 Super offers more performance but is about 60$ moire expensive (at least where I am). You'll also want to make sure the card will fit in your case. Look up the dimensions of both cards on their manufacturer specific website and determine if it'll fit in your case. They don't look that big and should fit in any normal ATX mid-tower, but double check anyway.
these are the two cards i was looking at on amazon -EVGA 06G-P4-1667-KR GeForce GTX 1660 Ti SC Ultra Gaming, 6GB GDDR6, Dual Fan -
EVGA 06G-P4-1068-KR GeForce GTX 1660 Super Sc Ultra Gaming, 6GB GDDR6, Dual Fan, Metal Backplate
could you let me know which will work and which is best choice

these are the two cards i was looking at on amazon -EVGA 06G-P4-1667-KR GeForce GTX 1660 Ti SC Ultra Gaming, 6GB GDDR6, Dual Fan -
EVGA 06G-P4-1068-KR GeForce GTX 1660 Super Sc Ultra Gaming, 6GB GDDR6, Dual Fan, Metal Backplate
could you let me know which will work and which is best choice

The 1660 Super is better price-performance. The 1660 Ti is overall stronger but for the performance gain with the extra costs it's not really worth it in my opinion, UNLESS the price difference is only 20$ or less.

vtpatsfan

Reputable
Feb 22, 2020
I ended up buying the evga geforce gtx 1660 ti and graphics card i installed the graphic card and a new power supply as was recommened to me earliey this yeaar buy one of your moderators.After installing the card and power supply i find i do not have the plugs for the graphic card and a plug to my mother board.I am including a pic of the power supl and of the plug for the motherboard.I am hoping you can tell me if i have to get a different card or a different power supply.
heres the poer supply and pics of the plugs i donot have

vtpatsfan

Reputable
Feb 22, 2020
hi am hoping someone can help me with my graphic card situation.I bought this card and a power supply to go with it but power supply did not have the right plugs.So i returned the power supply back to amazon.I now have this graphic card but i donot have a 8 pin plug on the power supply that came wmy power supply has two 6 pin plugs on itith my pc.So i am not sure if i should send the graphic card back to amazon and get my money back or trade it for a different card.
EVGA 06G-P4-1667-KR GeForce GTX 1660 Ti SC Ultra Gaming, 6GB GDDR6, Dual Fan

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
hi am hoping someone can help me with my graphic card situation.I bought this card and a power supply to go with it but power supply did not have the right plugs.So i returned the power supply back to amazon.I now have this graphic card but i donot have a 8 pin plug on the power supply that came wmy power supply has two 6 pin plugs on itith my pc.So i am not sure if i should send the graphic card back to amazon and get my money back or trade it for a different card.
EVGA 06G-P4-1667-KR GeForce GTX 1660 Ti SC Ultra Gaming, 6GB GDDR6, Dual Fan

Your posts are very confusing; it would be helpful if you re-read what you write before posting. A Corsair CX 650 has the correct plugs.

vtpatsfan

Reputable
Feb 22, 2020
this is the power supply i bought and it did not have a 4 pin plug only 6 pins and 6 pin plus 2 .

Corsair CX (2017) 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply is there another one i can purchase?

vtpatsfan

Reputable
Feb 22, 2020
I checked on newegg for power units and i found this power unit, I would like to know if this will work also if you could can you tell me if i need aa 650 watt or can i go with a 500 or 550 watt unit.

CORSAIR CX Series CX650 650W ATX12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply, CP-9020122-NA