I'm thinking to upgrade my PC and buy a GTX 1660 Ti
Specs:
GTX 750 ti 2gb
i5 4460
8gb ram 1600 mhz
motherboard: b85m-d3h
What should I replace?

Solution
You didn't mention what kind of performance you're looking for and in what games.

Assuming at least 1080p 60hz gaming with games that are primarily graphics oriented then that upgrade will vastly improve things. A 750 Ti hardly even counts as an entry level card anymore.

You'll know if you need an i7. What'll happen in CPU demanding games is your average framerate might seem alright but your framerate will drop pretty low, and often. This will be especially true in highly populated multiplayer games. Having a good average fps and having a stable and good average fps are too different things.
That card will work on your MOBO, but the CPU might create a slight bottleneck in some of the games. If you are upgrading, then buy some other powerful 4'th GEN CPU, if possible. What about your PSU ? Do you also have a compatible power supply unit ?

You can also increase the system RAM to 16GB, if need be.

Last edited:
You didn't mention what kind of performance you're looking for and in what games.

Assuming at least 1080p 60hz gaming with games that are primarily graphics oriented then that upgrade will vastly improve things. A 750 Ti hardly even counts as an entry level card anymore.

You'll know if you need an i7. What'll happen in CPU demanding games is your average framerate might seem alright but your framerate will drop pretty low, and often. This will be especially true in highly populated multiplayer games. Having a good average fps and having a stable and good average fps are too different things.

Reactions: Xusflas
Solution
May 5, 2019

I am thinking of 144hz