[SOLVED] Upgrade Help Advice for Clueless Mom

Nov 15, 2021
My son has a CyberPowerPC - Gaming Desktop -
AMD Ryzen 3 2300X - 16GB Memory - AMD
Radeon RX 570 - 1TB HDD + 240GB SSD - Black.
He wants to upgrade it with a new graphics card and
a new processor. He says the computer runs slow. I
put in another stick of ram to make 16gigs, but there
are only two card slots so I can't put anymore in.
He's 12 so he, nor I, really know what's worth
upgrading or even compatible to make the system
better or faster. He uses it for gaming only. Any
suggestions on what to upgrade with a $400
budget? Thank you from a very clueless mom!!!

Solution
The first thing I would do is check to see if it's working as it should. Download and install HWmonitor and see if the ram is set correctly, if the temps are ok, etc. CPUz and GPUz can also help you check clock speeds. He might also be running out of drive space. Might need to clean up the drives so there is room for things to run correctly.

$400? Probably not. The prices of cards are a joke right now. All cards are basically selling for 3-5x what they should be. There are no good cards to be had for that money.

4745454b

Titan
The first thing I would do is check to see if it's working as it should. Download and install HWmonitor and see if the ram is set correctly, if the temps are ok, etc. CPUz and GPUz can also help you check clock speeds. He might also be running out of drive space. Might need to clean up the drives so there is room for things to run correctly.

$400? Probably not. The prices of cards are a joke right now. All cards are basically selling for 3-5x what they should be. There are no good cards to be had for that money.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
Starting from a CyberPower system, we NEED to know the make/model size of ALL parts in this system.
Details, please.

And I'm thinking there are other issues as well.
SSD too full, possibly crappy SSD.
Way too much stuff running in the background
Possible virus or malware.

There's not really anything wrong with that CPU.