[SOLVED] Upgrade help!

Nov 30, 2021
So my pc is really old! ive put some new parts into it but now im looking to overhaul many of them before windows 11 comes out! I have zero clue about upgrading this computer so im asking for help figuring out what i need to replace/upgrade/whatever i need to do!

Current Specs:
CPU - AMD FX(tm)- 6300 six core processor
RAM - I have no idea the brand but i have 24gb of it
HDD - 1 Tb hard drive
GPU - Radeon RX 580 (this runs fine and i dont think i need to replace it)
Motherboard - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
and i use the latest version of windows 10!

If i could get any help i would appreciate it!

Solution
There is no need to immediately rush into updating or installing Windows 11.

As for the components (old and those to be overhauled) you must keep in mind the future power requirement for the upgraded system.

What PSU is currently installed: make, model, wattage, age, condition? A new PSU may be necessary.

In any case the current or final upgraded build must be able to support TPM in order to run Windows 11.

Moving your post from Systems to Windows 11.

There are a number of folks there that are well versed in the system/hardware requirements to support Windows 11.

Ralston18

Titan
There is no need to immediately rush into updating or installing Windows 11.

As for the components (old and those to be overhauled) you must keep in mind the future power requirement for the upgraded system.

What PSU is currently installed: make, model, wattage, age, condition? A new PSU may be necessary.

In any case the current or final upgraded build must be able to support TPM in order to run Windows 11.

Moving your post from Systems to Windows 11.

There are a number of folks there that are well versed in the system/hardware requirements to support Windows 11.

Solution

maarkr

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2012
run the Microsoft Win 11 upgrade advisor and they will tell you what u need. I would say at a minimum you need to upgrade your mobo, then of course your proc and memory to fit it...

logainofhades

Titan
Out of everything you listed, only the storage and the graphics are worth reusing. Windows 11 you are going to want to go with Intel's new alder lake. See link in sig, on how to ask for upgrade advice, and reply your answers to the questions. Makes this a lot easier, for everybody to suggest hardware.