[SOLVED] Upgrade laptop

May 11, 2020
Mobile Intel® HM370 Chipset is in my old laptop which came with i7 CPU.

Can I upgrade my laptop CPU to Intel® Core™ i9-9980HK Processor ? (I checked intels website and it is supported)

Heard that you can't upgrade laptop CPU; is there any particular reason for that ?

Solution
Mobile Intel® HM370 Chipset is in my old laptop which came with RTX 2060.

Can I upgrade my laptop GPU to RTX 2080 Ti ? ( my knowledge is it depends on chipset just like cpu)

Or something like 2080, 2080 super etc !

Is there any way I can find the list of supported graphics card so that I can upgrade to the lastest one ?

For your GPU question, no. You cannot swap in a 2080ti into your laptop, as many GPU's are soldered onto the laptops motherboard. Making it impossible to upgrade the GPU.

There is a way to use a desktop GPU on a laptop, but it just looks like a computer on life support. I do not recommend this option unless you have an old laptop and just curious.
May 11, 2020

Can I upgrade my laptop GPU to RTX 2080 Ti ? ( my knowledge is it depends on chipset just like cpu)

Is there any way I can find the list of supported graphics card so that I can upgrade to the lastest one ?

bignastyid

Titan
Are we just suppose guess which Dell laptop you have as they have many.

With the vast majority of laptops the cpu and gpu are soldered to the motherboard. For example the i9 you listed is BGA which is a soldered connection. While it is technically possible to replace these it's not cheap as it requires equipment and training as a small mistake bricks the system. Making infeasible in most situations.

mangaman

Honorable

For your GPU question, no. You cannot swap in a 2080ti into your laptop, as many GPU's are soldered onto the laptops motherboard. Making it impossible to upgrade the GPU.

There is a way to use a desktop GPU on a laptop, but it just looks like a computer on life support. I do not recommend this option unless you have an old laptop and just curious.

Solution

Latest posts