Question Upgrade Memory kit

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Hi

I have below RAM model

F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR. its a 8GBx2 Kit by G.skill

And in my motherboard 2 more slots are empty. and want to upgrade from 16Gb to 32Gb.

So shall i buy same model again or do i need to buy 8gbx4?

If i buy the same kit again to upgrade my RAM. it will be the same frequency and everything will be same. will i get any problem by putting 2 kit in a motherboard?

Because i can't buy another 8gbx4 kit. My old kit will get waste and money as well

SO i am thinking to buy the same kit 8gbx2. just let me know will it trouble me or not by putting 2 same kit in a motherbaord from same vendor and same model?

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
hi, ram which you posted is already quad 32gb kit
it may work or not if u mix it with another kits, rams are tested/sold in paired kits
No my current model is F4-3200C16D-16GTZR which is 8gbx2 kit

I want to buy one more. Will frequency and all other parameters will get match?

or do i need to buy separate 32 GB (8Gbx4) kit?

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
No my current model is F4-3200C16D-16GTZR which is 8gbx2 kit

I want to buy one more. Will frequency and all other parameters will get match?

or do i need to buy separate 32 GB (8Gbx4) kit?
Hi

Are you getting my concern?

because i have read that its better to use 1 kit ether 16gbx2 or 8gbx4 to get the 32GB RAM.

And never mix the even 2 same Kit model . As company can't produce even 2 same kit model at same frequency. There will be always some minor difference.

is that my understanding correct?

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
as for 4 sticks...frequency/compatibility is unknown
u can try to use your current sticks in A1 + B1 slots, see how they will work

supported clock speed on those slots should be around 2666
Nobody is understanding my concern here

I am saying that which is better to use from below.

8gbx2 + 8gbx2 = 32GB ram (total 2 kits) In this , i have read that if you use 2 kits even of same model. there will be some minor difference in matching the frequency of both? is that correct?

Will i face any issue while using the 2 kits of same model?

or

8gbx4 = 32 Gb ram(Total 1 kit)

u may face issues even with quad kit
chek your mainboard QVL to see how many are suported in quad at which speeds

if u want to use your current sticks in quad, try them in a1+b1, if u get them working at rated speeds, then u can buy another pair, and at 50% it will work, rest 50% is just matter of bios settings
if they wont go up to rated speeds (in a1+b1 slots) then u have nice mainboard :) and better stick with 2 rams in a2+b2

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Right now i am using 2 sticks in A2+B2 slot and it is working on rated XMP speed which 3200 MHZ.

Now i want to install the extra 2 8GB sticks (Same model as A2+B2) in A1 + B1 slot.

Will it work on same frequency as like A2+B2?

here some picture from google how it looks like when it supports timings per channel
image.php

7.jpg