Question Upgrade Memory on MSI Tomahawk M270 (MS-7A68)

Nov 7, 2021
I have a fairly fast system with I7-7700, but only 16Gig memory‎ 2X8Gig, CMW16GX4M2C3200C16W RGB, running in dual channel.

So, the easy option is to get two more of the same....but my CPU cooler fan is in the way because of the RGB LEDs on the memory sticks.
I might be able to move the fan if I have to.

would i be able to get two similar modules but without the RGB element..do they exist that will definitely work with the modules i already have??
would i be able to run both sets in dual channel mode.

if money was no object, obviously i would just get two 16gig modules and sell the old ones.

appreciate any replies

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to reiterate your motherboard's make and model since MSI do have a Tomahawk range of boards but Intel never launched an M270 chipset. Are you referring to a motherboard with a Z270 chipset, perhaps?

Make and model of your CPU's cooler fan? As for your question, please don't mix and match sticks of ram in spite of seeming to have the same specs, since Corsair tends to have revisions upon revisions for their rams.

Nov 7, 2021
Well I decided to swap the fan to the other side of the CPU Cooler and it only took 5 mins. lol
but I still wonder if there are any non RGB compatible Corsair Vengeance that will work with the RGB versions.
I don't need 4 sticks with LEDs on. Hopefully the ones without would be cheaper???