Question Upgrade (MOBO/CPU/RAM) Am I making the right choices?

FullMetalAlchemist

Honorable
Mar 25, 2019
Hi All,

My current motherboard is malfunctioning so I thought it was time to do a big upgrade on my current PC (GAMING) (I would like to buy something really good that will last for long time), but I am not an expert...so some advices would be great. I would like to buy the following parts (budget it is not a problem):

MOBO: ASUS ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming (it seems the most complete of the family, it will match with my other components of the same brand like the keyboard/mouse, etc... and I think it is more user friendly than the Maximus series.

CPU: Intel I9-9900K

RAM: I'm not sure what to get exactly, i was told to go for DDR4 3200, but which one? (my problem is that the current CPU Cooler Cooler Master V8 version 2 is massive and part of it go over the ram, so I need to get low profile ones:

I wanted to get the hyperX predator (but i think they are to big), so i thought about the Fury (which should be identical in size the DDR3 fury i currently have and fit just fine), but i am not sure if they are good enough.

What do you think (About the ram and the other components?)

My other components (which i will keep are):

Case: Cooler Master HAF X
Power Supply: Corsair GS700 (is it powerfull enough?)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 Vers. 2 (could you confirm it is compatible with the Z390?)
VGA: ASUS ROG GTX 1080TI OC Edition
SSD: Samsung 850 pro 256GB
HDD: X2 Western Digital Black

Thank you and sorry for my english.

FullMetalAlchemist

Honorable
Mar 25, 2019
You're fine with the ram, board and CPU you've shortlisted but hat cooler will not cut it. You're going to have to invest in a 280/360mm AIO at the very least. How olsd is your PSU?

Thank you very much for your reply...sorry what do you mean with "will not cut it", it will not be able to cool the CPU properly? english is not my mother tongue

Could you give some example of proper model? (cooler master if possible).

PSU: uhm...not totally sure, 5/6 years i think

RAM: should i go for 16gb or 32gb? and for example getting x2 16gb or x4 of 8gb is the same?

Last edited: