Upgrade mother board from h81 to b360

Nov 2, 2018
hello, im going to change my mobo from h81 to b360, and im using my old ssd with os (win10 pro). what do i need to consider and do i need to reformat my os because of the new drivers?

thanks in advance for suggestion and help

Solution
I hope you plan to change the CPU and memory too, because the B360 chipset and socket are not going to be the same as your H81 board. It will also require DDR4 so your current memory which is DDR3 isn't going to work on it. Totally different.

You will have to completely upgrade the entire platform to go with a B360 motherboard. And if you do that, then yes, it would be highly advisable that you do a fresh install of Windows as there are significant differences in the chipset and storage controllers.
I hope you plan to change the CPU and memory too, because the B360 chipset and socket are not going to be the same as your H81 board. It will also require DDR4 so your current memory which is DDR3 isn't going to work on it. Totally different.

You will have to completely upgrade the entire platform to go with a B360 motherboard. And if you do that, then yes, it would be highly advisable that you do a fresh install of Windows as there are significant differences in the chipset and storage controllers.

Solution