My setup right now:
  • CPU = Intel i5 4440 3.10 GHz\
  • RAM = 1x 4 GB 1600 MHZ Corsair
  • HDD = Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
  • GPU = Inel HD 4600
  • Motherboard = AsRock H81M-DGS

Those are the new thing I want to buy:

• GPU: Sapphire Nitro RX 470 8 GB
  • RAM: 2x HyperX Black DDR3 8 GB 1600 Mhz ( Total 16 GB )

Have someone some recommandation for me for a budget "gamin pc" ?

The Question is the next:

Is those component compatible with my motherboar? Can I play finally PUBG and CS:GO and PayDay with decent FPS?
What OS is recommended for this build or for my actual PC?

Thank you guys for helping me and sorry for my bad english ☺

Solution
My PSU is an A-line LC-8500BTX with 480W max power output
It's a poor quality PSU, so as with any dedicated GPU, you'll want to look at upgrading this potentially. Otherwise it risks instability or even damage to the rest of the system (more wattage is NOT the same as better quality).

at that resolution, many GPUs might be more than you need, so the RX470 could be well placed based on your budget. However you might find the RX570 (which is the newer version) is slightly better for probably the same or lower price.

You COULD get better GPUs, but at lower resolutions, it's a little wasted. So it depends on if you also plan on upgrading your GPU down the line. As for your budget, depending on local prices, you could sooner...

DaVyXx91

Prominent
Nov 29, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

What is your PSU make and model?
What is your budget and currency?
What is your monitor refresh rate and resolution?

My currency is RON but it's okay in EURO or USD and the budget is around 250 - 300 Euro
My monitor is an ASUS VS197DE with 60hz refresh rate and the resolutinon 1366x768

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
It's a poor quality PSU, so as with any dedicated GPU, you'll want to look at upgrading this potentially. Otherwise it risks instability or even damage to the rest of the system (more wattage is NOT the same as better quality).

at that resolution, many GPUs might be more than you need, so the RX470 could be well placed based on your budget. However you might find the RX570 (which is the newer version) is slightly better for probably the same or lower price.

You COULD get better GPUs, but at lower resolutions, it's a little wasted. So it depends on if you also plan on upgrading your GPU down the line. As for your budget, depending on local prices, you could sooner consider an RX580 for example. Obviously your CPU and PSU being limiting factors.

Having said that, the lower tier GPU like the 570 would probably be more suitable for the types of games you are playing, as they aren't hugely GPU intensive.

Solution

DaVyXx91

Prominent
Nov 29, 2019
You COULD get better GPUs, but at lower resolutions, it's a little wasted. So it depends on if you also plan on upgrading your GPU down the line. As for your budget, depending on local prices, you could sooner consider an RX580 for example. Obviously your CPU and PSU being limiting factors.

So I can go with a GIGABYTE Radeon RX 570 4GB GDDR5 256bit, I found it for around 115 euros
And 2x HyperX Fury White 8GB 1600 Mhz for 35 euro
Is this a good deal?

sdedu77

Respectable
Dec 9, 2018
I think the power uspply doesn't even have the 8 pin connector
The moderboard has 2 dimm slots and supports up to 16gb DDDR3/DDR3l ("l" variant has a voltage of 1.35 rather than standard 1.5), so the memory should work.

The problem is your monitor. It only has a VGA port (receives analog signal) and the 470 only has "digital" ports. You can use an active HDMI-VGA or DP-VGA (not VGA-DP/HDMI) adapter like this. I'm not sure about quality or lifespan of those cheap active adapters, though
Unless you want to upgrade the monitor and you target sh market, consider the GTX 970. It has similar performance and price to the 570 and does support DVI-I, so you can use passive adapters like this. It only has a 4gb (3.5gb in reality) version, but for 768p it will suffice.
GIGABYTE Radeon RX 570 4GB GDDR5 256bit, I found it for around 115 euros
And 2x HyperX Fury White 8GB 1600 Mhz for 35 euro
Is this a good deal?
Those are pretty good prices, at least for current romanian market. If is similarly priced, look for the 8gb variant.

UPDATE: any of the three cards is a good option, but you might want the 470/570 8gb for future titles demanding more vram.

Last edited:

DaVyXx91

Prominent
Nov 29, 2019
Guys, just found out that those HyperX fury rams are 1866 Mhz and not 1600 Mhz, is this a problem?

This is the serial number : HX318C10FWK2/16

DSzymborski

Titan
I can't emphasize enough how important it is to never run the new GPU on this PSU. This piece of junk is made by Deer, using extremely dodgy capacitors, and has no PCIE connectors. This was in one of Hardware Secrets' cheapo roundups some years ago and while they couldn't get it to explode, it shut down past 350W.

Reactions: sdedu77

DaVyXx91

Prominent
Nov 29, 2019
I can't emphasize enough how important it is to never run the new GPU on this PSU. This piece of junk is made by Deer, using extremely dodgy capacitors, and has no PCIE connectors. This was in one of Hardware Secrets' cheapo roundups some years ago and while they couldn't get it to explode, it shut down past 350W.

I will change it too :)

sdedu77

Respectable
Dec 9, 2018
Guys, just found out that those HyperX fury rams are 1866 Mhz and not 1600 Mhz, is this a problem?

This is the serial number : HX318C10FWK2/16
I looked on your motherboard memory support list and it does support 1866mhz modules (in fact, up to 3100). I've seen at least two 1866mhz CL10 2x8gb kits, so you should have no issue running the ram.

sdedu77

Respectable
Dec 9, 2018
I forgot to mention, you can get an SSD to install the operating system on. They will give your system a big boost in general responsiveness (programs will load much faster); you can get 240gb drives for about 140-150 RON or even lower.

DaVyXx91

Prominent
Nov 29, 2019

I want to change it and I found this

Tagan TG800-U25 800W dual engine
Is this a good enough PSU or maybe I need to find a better one ?

Edit: It's okay for the RX 470/570? The 4GB and 8GB versions.

I want to change it and I found this

Tagan TG800-U25 800W dual engine
Is this a good enough PSU or maybe I need to find a better one ?

Edit: It's okay for the RX 470/570? The 4GB and 8GB versions.

No, do not get no-name local power supplies unless you can check with the vendor and find out who made them. Some are made with good internals, but the majority are junk. Usually the best one available to most areas is the Corsair CX models, which is probably the lowest PSU quality that would be recommended for a system with a gaming video card.

Reactions: PC Tailor

TRENDING THREADS