Question Upgrade my old PC, need advice, plan ?

Aug 14, 2022
Hello my old pc is
B450 aorus elite
Gtx 1060 6gb
Ryzen 5 2600
Ram 2x8 ddr4
I need advices like, can i stay at my old b450 motherboard and update upgrade cpu + gpu to feel i upgrade my pc a lot? Or i need change all parts.

I will be happy to hear any advices, im not interested on pc parts for few years, and im confused.

I want big boost but spend minimum , plan sell part +add extra and change for better one. It will work? What should i expext. Thx in advance

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Upgrade to 5600x on same motherboard. Update bios before hand. Really steep upgrade there.

3060ti is a major step up. Hopefully you have decent psu, at least 650w.

Not sure of your ram speed but you'd be looking at 3200. Maybe 3600.

You could get gpu first, enjoy what it has to offer in games with more details. Just don't expect extravagant increase in fps until cpu is upgraded and ram speed (at least 3200) to match. Albeit 2600 will still be decent enough to push the 3060ti, just not as much.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Hello my old pc is
B450 aorus elite
Gtx 1060 6gb
Ryzen 5 2600
Ram 2x8 ddr4
I need advices like, can i stay at my old b450 motherboard and update upgrade cpu + gpu to feel i upgrade my pc a lot? Or i need change all parts.

I will be happy to hear any advices, im not interested on pc parts for few years, and im confused.

I want big boost but spend minimum , plan sell part +add extra and change for better one. It will work? What should i expext. Thx in advance
Yes you can stay on your B450 board, it's a good quality board and can be updated to support Ryzen 5000. I would go for either a 5600X or 5700X, the 5700X is the more worthwhile upgrade IMO. The 5600X though is easier to cool and it wasn't clear to me what cooler you were using.

Do you have a budget?

What is this pc primarily used for?
I might suspect games.
If gaming, do you play fast action games, in which case a graphics card upgrade is in order.
What is the make/model of your psu?
That may limit your gpu upgrade options.

If you play cpu centric games, a processor upgrade is in order first.

Try this simple test:
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
This makes the graphics card loaf a bit.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

Do your upgrades one at a time so you can evaluate the results.

Aug 14, 2022
Sorry for my bad english.
I allredy flashed my BIOS to newest version, no problems so i thinking my motherboard is good and stable after some years of gaming. Im happy i can use it with new parts.

Cpu cooler i use silentumpc fera 2 if i remember good, i bouild my pc few years ago before pc parts price grow.

Psu i dont remember but i build pc on my own and i just bought good psu with some labels quality for future, so i think i can handle even end game parts with no problem.

RAM i also dont remember but at BIOS i activate option xmp or.something like that do thay work 16gb on 3200 when i cpuz check.

I dont know my budget yet, i just ignore the pc market for years cuz of stupid high prices, and now i herd.thay going down do maybe its time to upgrade.

So i aim for some cpu + rtx or radeon right?

Looks like a decent cooler, I would expect it to be fine with both those CPU's. The RAM is perfectly fine too, you just need a CPU and a GPU. Nvidia RTX 30 series and AMD Radeon 6000 are the latest GPU's, however there will be new GPU's out by the end of the year. Nvidia launches their top end card the 4090 in October. The other cards will gradually follow afterwards so I would bare that in mind if you want to upgrade your GPU.