Commendable
Oct 19, 2016
Hello guys, right now i have next specs:
GPU: MSI R9 380 Gaming 4G
CPU: i3 6100 3.7GHz
MOBO: Gigabyte B150M-D3V DDR3
RAM: 1x 8GB DDR3 ram
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600

I really like this PC, i like that gaming prefomance for its price.
But recently i started streaming and i really want improve my Twitch quality. Right now, i'm streaming with ultrafastprofile in OBS. My upload to twitch servers 4MBit/s+. Bitrate i'm currently using is 2800.
I don't like that pixelated quality in Action games, like FPS.

When i try to stream with x264 fast preset, i have perfomance problems. Like Twitch stream freezes of even more my game freezes.

And i cant stream with Intel Quick Sync and AMD VCE, because obs working very awful with that and crashes.

I found really good choice for its price:
ASRock Z170 Pro4/D3 + i5-6400
So i don't need to upgrade my ram and im thinking to overclock this new CPU with this new MOBO. Can i oc it to like 4.2-4.4 GHz and be stable?
What do you think about this?

I really need better perfomance for streaming, please help me and sorry for my bad english.

Solution
Just buy a i7 and anouther 8gb of memory.
You can sell the i3 to get some money back.
I would buy the memory in a 2X8gb set and sell your single stick.

Sandstorm3000

Honorable
The i5 6400 is a non-K CPU and therefore cannot be overclocked. I would suggest keeping your current setup and only upgrading the CPU to an i5 6400. This should give you the performance needed for streaming.

However if you do want to overclock i would suggest a Z170 board and the i5 6600k (Which is ofcourse by itself a stronger processor than the i5 6400).