upgrade my pc for using Adobe Creative Cloud with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign

Oct 25, 2018
Hello everyone ,
I want to upgrade my pc for Adobe Creative Cloud with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (3d tools are not necessary )
my pc current specification are:-

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz
Socket 1155 LGA (0x1)
Intel Corp DH61WW mainboard
DDR3 4Gb 1600mhz
NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 2gb
1tb HDD wd

so I want to know upgrading ram to 16 Gb DDR 3 1600mhz and 240 Gb SSD are sufficient or I have to change the whole system

and if which processor is best of considering i5 7500 or i7 2600
these are easily available in India. or any other processor to consider.

Solution

All depends on your definition of "sufficient". Technically what you have just now is "sufficient" as you are able to run it. I would imagine it is slow, and involves a lot of disk access, but it does work.

I'm a software dev and have 16Gb of memory in my machine and it can handle running Photoshop (cc2016? I think) and Visual Studio and several other, less large footprint, apps all open at the same time. Obviously the CPU in the machine needs to be beefy enough to cope with that in the first place but I am...
Oct 25, 2018
I would imagine an increase on 4Gb of mem when it comes to any Adobe product will likely see a huge increase in performance. Adobe apps, at least in my experience, have always had a large footprint and 4Gb would not cut it. This will mean a lot more disk access as it ploughs data in and out of that fairly small amount of memory.

I could be wrong here, and I will defer to experts on the matter, but memory would be my first point of call and from personal experience increasing any machine from 4Gb will show immediate and very noticeable improvements.

Oct 25, 2018

Thanks accidentalbystander , RAM and SSD are my priorities. I will definitely upgrade them but I want to know this small upgrade is sufficient for photoshop cc 2018 and CorelDRAW x8 or I have to change the whole system ?

Oct 25, 2018

All depends on your definition of "sufficient". Technically what you have just now is "sufficient" as you are able to run it. I would imagine it is slow, and involves a lot of disk access, but it does work.

I'm a software dev and have 16Gb of memory in my machine and it can handle running Photoshop (cc2016? I think) and Visual Studio and several other, less large footprint, apps all open at the same time. Obviously the CPU in the machine needs to be beefy enough to cope with that in the first place but I am sure I wouldn't get away with less memory without it running at a snail's pace.

I'm sorry I can't give you a 100% guarantee that upping your memory will solve all your problems but I do believe very strongly that the difference will be a considerably positive one. The SSD will help a lot as well, although if I had a priority it would most definitely be MEM > SSD considering you are starting from such a low base (4Gb - essentially most of that will be gobbled up by Windows alone!).

Just for reference the FX8320 that I run in my machine is not far off the performance of your i5, so if I can run multiple big footprint apps on my kit with the 16Gb I strongly believe so will you. Both of these CPUs are capable of high end application use.

In short, I'd say you are definitely on the right track with your thinking.

Solution