[SOLVED] Upgrade my PC, mainly used for VMWare

Jun 2, 2020
Hi,

I would like to upgrade my PC from 6600(non-k). I use it mainly for VMWare so I decided to go with Ryzen 3900X as I found to be better than Intel in both performance but also cores/threads which I need. My question is, should I go for an X570MB or just stick with a new B550? I am not interested in OC or any fancy things therefor I am not sure if its an overkill or not, as I would like to keep most of my previous compotents.
In the link below are the existing/new parts. I already own everything apart from the CPU/Cooler and MB.

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

I would like to upgrade my PC from 6600(non-k). I use it mainly for VMWare so I decided to go with Ryzen 3900X as I found to be better than Intel in both performance but also cores/threads which I need. My question is, should I go for an X570MB or just stick with a new B550? I am not interested in OC or any fancy things therefor I am not sure if its an overkill or not, as I would like to keep most of my previous compotents.
In the link below are the existing/new parts. I already own everything apart from the CPU/Cooler and MB.

Thanks for your help!
Looking at possible prices for b550 MBs, I'd rather pay more for x570.
CM 212evo may not be enough for that processor.

Reactions: DaZiel
Hi,

Thanks for your help!
Looking at possible prices for b550 MBs, I'd rather pay more for x570.
CM 212evo may not be enough for that processor.

Reactions: DaZiel

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS