Upgrade my PC

linkfreak4

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
Hello, my computer is soon to reach its 28th dog year in age and with some great titles coming out for the PC, I need to upgrade my current setup. What I primarily need is a graphics card, but as I understand that needs a new power supplies, and then a new cpu to support it, and then a new motherboard to hold that cpu. Snowball effect = bad.

Anyways, I would like you guys to pick my parts for me

So in order for that, here are a few facts to keep in mind.

- My monitor is a 19" 1280x1024

- I wish to play most games at pretty good decent settings, no maxing out crysis here.

- I have Windows XP and do not plan on buying Vista or Windows 7

- I only really game on my computer, no multitasking whatsoever at all

- I do not plan to overclock anything as to not void my warranties

- I am wanting items in the bang for your buck category, no spending dubious amounts of money for only a few frames.

- I do not favor either company in all areas of the components, whatever company is the best overall compared to its competition

- I do not really mind noise

- I do not plan to Crossfire/SLI

- I do not plan to use the new Eyefinity, I only have one monitor

- I can't really state a budget, because I want to keep the cost as low as possible and it depends on the items suggested.

When I look at Tom's Hardware's best gpu/cpu for the money, the components that I had in mind were for resolutions greater than my own, so I think I am tending to over exagerate my needs. So please help me .

In case if it is of concern, my current setup is:

GPU: Intergrated ATI Radeon XPRESS 200

CPU: AMD Sempron 3400+

Motherboard: Socket 939

PSU: 250W

Thank so you much guys, remember I am looking for products in the value category, that is the most important thing.

linkfreak4

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
Ah yes, I opened that in another tab but I forgot to read it, so sorry.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Sometime this week or next, (before Christmas if the components have holiday deals on them)

BUDGET RANGE: 250-350 After Rebates

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Only gaming

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Everything except a graphics card, motherboard, CPU, and PSU, I have everything else.

REFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS:newegg.com

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: U.S.A.

PARTS PREFERENCES: I have no preference, whichever is the better product.

OVERCLOCKING: No

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1280x1024

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: (I have already listed everything in the first post)

TRENDING THREADS