Upgrade my processor?

Vadamo

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
So my pavilion ze4547wm is kinda slow with a single core celeron so i thought about upgrading.

Currently this is my processor:http://ark.intel.com/products/27319/Mobile-Intel-Celeron-Processor-2_40-GHz-256K-Cache-400-MHz-FSB

This is the one I plan to upgrade to:http://ark.intel.com/products/39312/Intel-Core2-Duo-Processor-T9900-6M-Cache-3_06-GHz-1066-MHz-FSB

Would it work? I aimed on getting 35 w as the TDP so I wont have heat issues. I already disassembled my laptop so I know its upgradable(for those who say laptops cant be upgraded).

Also I know this is a long shot but could i run Adobe Premier cs 6 on this laptop(instead of using my AMD E-450 for video editing.)

Thanks In Advance

Solution
Yes u could upgrade processor laptop, but in your case you can't upgrade ur celeron processor to c2d procossor since the mainboard chipset is different. Your laptop mainboard socket is ppga478, so you can only upgrade your laptop proc with the same socket. You may upgrade your processor to pentium 4 processor, but in my opinion is useless. You can increase your laptop performance by upgrading ram, or your hard drive to ssd but it seem difficult (I dont know if there any?) to find ssd with ide slot (I assume ur laptop hdd still use ide slot)...

My suggestion to you is buy a new laptop

PC_Soldier

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014
I'm sorry to tell you but even if it IS possible to upgrade your laptop (Which I HIGHLY doubt) the sockets these two processors use is completely different. The "Core 2 duo" uses a PGA478 socket and your motherboard supports a PPGA478 socket, which means even if you manage to open your laptop and buy this processor, it won't fit. Plus, the core 2 duo will make a performance difference but due to personal experience, I can tell you that it won't be very satisfactory. Your best bet would be to increase your RAM as adobe premiere pro is RAM intensive, otherwise i recommend saving up for a new laptop, or even better a new custom PC.

Cunivas

Reputable
May 2, 2014
Yes u could upgrade processor laptop, but in your case you can't upgrade ur celeron processor to c2d procossor since the mainboard chipset is different. Your laptop mainboard socket is ppga478, so you can only upgrade your laptop proc with the same socket. You may upgrade your processor to pentium 4 processor, but in my opinion is useless. You can increase your laptop performance by upgrading ram, or your hard drive to ssd but it seem difficult (I dont know if there any?) to find ssd with ide slot (I assume ur laptop hdd still use ide slot)...

My suggestion to you is buy a new laptop

Solution

TRENDING THREADS