upgrade my specs for + 60 fps in new games (1080P)

Oct 28, 2018
hey i have bought these about 3 years ago

unfortunately i am from iran and here every thing is 5 time more expensive than every where because of awful economic states and heavily decrease of rial value due to usa embargo and shitty government i dont have much money.

here my rig:

Asus z170 pro gaming
16 gb ram
gtx 970 zotac extreme core

until prior year most games at high setting ( not ultra) would run at 60 fps most times. but with new games with graphical advancement i think my gtx 970 is retired. so do you think for nowday games a 1070 or 1070 ti would be enough or overkill? or even gtx 1080?
i saw many games in youtube even with 1080 they couldnt give stable frame rate at 60 fps in 1080p resolution( for example Ac Odyssey) . so about foresightness is it really necessary to buy a 1070 ti or 1080?
how about my cpu?
does 6700k bottleneck 1070 ti or 1080? should i upgrade my main and cpu too?

AC Odyssey is highly un-optimized. I personally think the game is fine with drops to 45fps as even with my 1080 Ti I saw that on ultra settings at 1440p. If you want to upgrade for just one game, sure go ahead. But if that's the only game you struggle with I'd just lower settings to get 45-60fps and be happy. On the other hand, a GTX 1080 would be nice for quite a while.

You should be fine with that CPU. In addition, a 970 is still a pretty good 1080p card.

Your main problem seems to be your choice of games. Some games are highly optimized and run well because of that. Some games are poorly optimized and while they can run well most of the time, you will see performance issues in them once in a while.

Certainly you can invest in a better card, and you'll see better performance in a lot of cases, but will it do what you expect it to do in ALL games? No, it won't. Considering the high price you will pay, at 1080p something more than a 1070 will probably not be worth it.

Oct 28, 2018
no i mentioned ac odyssey as an example.( i know its unoptimized) but in most new games ( 2017 and 2018 released games) in ultra and very high setting my gtx 970 couldnt handle or reach near 60 fps. and it stutters. unless i reduce setting to high or medium or even low to obtain constant 60 fps. my eyes accustomed to 60 fps and its really annoying for me when fps drops below 60. all i want is to run almost 90 percent of new games in 60 fps in 1080p and ultra setting ( if not at least very high setting).

please tell me which gpu to buy and is there any need of cpu and mb upgrade?