Upgrade now, or wait a few months?


Sep 14, 2001
I'm debating on whether or not to upgrade rightn now. I don't desperately need a new comp this moment, and therefore wonder if something worth waiting for is coming out within the next few months.

I've been leaning toward:
mobile 2500+
nforce 2 board
2 hdd's in raid (not sure if I want to do sata or not)
at least 512 ddr pc3200
Wait a few months. Prices for new tech will drop (i.e Nvidia 6800 / ATI X800, NF3-250), also the new socket 939 will be avalable. Wait!

I am a small fat ginger kid and I lob cow pats at old people, please be my friend


If you are pretty much set on getting the system you mentioned, dont wait. The video card you mentioned is at a great price, even for a midrange card (which it has become) and the rumour mill has it that the xp-m chips are to be discontinued. It is a great setup, overclocks to top perf, and may not be around in a couple of months. Prices are not likely to go much if any lower.