[SOLVED] Upgrade Old Dell Inspiron 6400

Oct 31, 2019
Hello friends I need to upgrade my old Dell INSPIRON 6400 laptop ... This has only one slot for functional RAM, I think the other one is damaged, because changing it does not turn on the computer. Therefore, I only have a 1 GB RAM card functionally ... At Amazon I found this with 2 GB...

Amazon.com: 2GB RAM Memory for Dell Inspiron 1535 (DDR2-5300) - Laptop Memory Upgrade: Computers & Accessories

I need an expert to tell me if it is compatible with the Inspiron 6400 Also, my processor is 1.83 GHz, I need anybody recommend one with more speed and even an SSD hard drive ...
Your help is very appreciated!!

Solution
If I recall correctly, that system does not support more than 2GB of RAM; ergo, no RAM slot will accept more than 1GB of RAM. I seem to recall I had the same issue with my 6400 many moons ago.

-Wolf sends
Oct 31, 2019
You can use 4 GB (only 3.20 exactly) if you return your BIOS to A9 ... there are several testimonials on the network that mention it ... In the Dell update to A17 blocked this option, but with A9 you can have 2 GB of RAM in each slot and functional ... I just need to know if this Amazon card is and is compatible with my 6400 slot ...

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS