Question upgrade old laptop ASUS X50GL

Jun 20, 2019
Hi, I would like to upgrade my old ASUS X50GL
Chipset nVIDIA GeForce 8200M G

What will be the best cpu to upgrade my laptop?

I´ve updated the last Bios Versión 222. At present, it has a CPU Intel T3200 with only 1 MB cache and 667 Mhz FSB. Unfortunately i can ´t found any list of supported CPUs Maybe a T9300 or T9550? thanks.

Many laptops are either not upgradeable (with soldered in CPUS, or limited/fixed cooling capacity, BIOS limitations, severe RAM limits, etc. ), or, simply not worth upgrading, like single/ dual core CPUs more than 5-7 years old, etc...

A processor/chipset (T3200) that was discontinued 11 years ago might quickly fall into both categories...

Jun 20, 2019
Many laptops are either not upgradeable (with soldered in CPUS, or limited/fixed cooling capacity, BIOS limitations, severe RAM limits, etc. ), or, simply not worth upgrading, like single/ dual core CPUs more than 5-7 years old, etc...

A processor/chipset (T3200) that was discontinued 11 years ago might quickly fall into both categories...
I like to improve the RAM 3Gb to 4Gb and HDD 5400rpm to HDD 7200rpm or SSD. But mainly I like to improve the processor because the T3200 is really slow and I think there may be a lot of room for improvement with another processor, for example with more cache and FSB.
The laptop does not have an intensive use, Im not a gamer.

Last edited: