Dave1101

Prominent
Jul 1, 2019
Hi guy's so this is my current system
Asus M5A99FX Pro r2.0
Cpu is AMD FX 9590 @ 4.7GHZ
Ram is 24gb of g.skill at 1600mhz
Gpu is Gigabyte Gtx 1070 8gb
And im was hopimg on opinions for upgrades as i want to achieve higher frames in games. So which upgrade would give menthe biggest jump. A new motherboard and cpu or a new gpu. No intel

Solution
The weak single core performance of the FX series is a significant limitation when aiming for higher FPS. However the 1070 isn’t a power house by today’s standards either even at 1080p.

I would start with a new cpu/motherboard/RAM combination. At least you can turn down game settings or resolution to get higher fps if the gpu is limiting you. When the cpu limits you there is little you can do to improve FPS.
The weak single core performance of the FX series is a significant limitation when aiming for higher FPS. However the 1070 isn’t a power house by today’s standards either even at 1080p.

I would start with a new cpu/motherboard/RAM combination. At least you can turn down game settings or resolution to get higher fps if the gpu is limiting you. When the cpu limits you there is little you can do to improve FPS.

Solution