Oct 7, 2018
I bought a pre-built PC in 2016. It wasnt bad, but it wasn't really good either

The specs of the PC were:
AMD FX-4300 @ 3.8GHz
AMD Radeon R7 260X w/ 2GB
8GB RAM (2x4 Ripjaws)
Super Flower SF-550P14HE PSU
Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P Motherboard

Then about a year ago, I got tired of the PC being slow and bad. So i decided to upgrade it.
I bought a Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
and a AMD FX-8350 CPU

However, it didnt make much of a difference, and i'm still stuck with a bad computer

I have a few options that i need to choose from, and i kinda need help from people who are better at this stuff.

Option 1: Sell the computer, and build one thats better with the money i get from selling it (highly unlikely i will get much from it)
Option 2: Remove the new GPU and CPU, then install the old ones. After that I sell the new CPU and GPU separate from the computer, and also sell the computer in its "original form". Then build one with the money from that

OR

Option 3: Get help from you guys with changing out some of my parts, and kinda "rebuilding" my computer.

I need to know what would be the smartest, and if it ends up being option 3, would you guys help me?

Thanks

Solution
It's the CPU which is not really good for gaming due to the poor performance per core. If I where you I'd sell the CPU, MB & RAM (sell the 4300 as well) and buy a Ryzen 2600 (or 3600 if budget allows), B450 (or B550 if they come out soon) & DDR4 3200-3600 in a 2x8gb kit.

If your gaming at 1080P then the 1060 6gb is still a solid GPU for higher settings so it shouldn't need to be replaced.

With the motherboard replacement you'll need to do a clean install of Windows so backup any important files.

Lastly if you don't have a SSD then I'd recommend getting one.

WildCard999

Titan
It's the CPU which is not really good for gaming due to the poor performance per core. If I where you I'd sell the CPU, MB & RAM (sell the 4300 as well) and buy a Ryzen 2600 (or 3600 if budget allows), B450 (or B550 if they come out soon) & DDR4 3200-3600 in a 2x8gb kit.

If your gaming at 1080P then the 1060 6gb is still a solid GPU for higher settings so it shouldn't need to be replaced.

With the motherboard replacement you'll need to do a clean install of Windows so backup any important files.

Solution

ajdin2003

Prominent
Oct 7, 2018

I'll look into those parts, do you recommend any specific SSD?

TRENDING THREADS