upgrade or buy new?

Mar 18, 2019
i have a dell xps8100 which i've reached the limit of upgrades should i buy motherboard combo kit to put in this case..these are my original specs
http://www.notebookreview.com/desktopreview/dell-studio-xps-8100-review/
I've already upgraded my video card to a evga 770 video card and ram to 16gb ddr3 10600 and my power supply to 650watt. It is a pretty small case do you think to replace it all and go with newer case to fit the newer equipment in?

kanewolf

Titan
Replace it all. If you have an i5-650 like the review says, that CPU is 8 generations old. A Pentium or Celeron would probably perform the same.
What budget can you support for your upgrade?

Mar 18, 2019
https://www.dell.com/support/home/c...servicetag/c4zbln1/configuration?isdetected=y

This is my configuration and I was possiblly looking to see if a new mobo combo would fit and be effective. i think is too small at the moment to upgrade anything as heat will play a factor with smaller case with the newer upgrades. I'm pretty sure your right and i need a new system. My case is 15" x 15" x 7" and the 770 video card takes up alot of space where it sort of blocks air flow. i did upgrade the power supply for 300watt to 650 to handle the video card and seems to work ok. I can't afford much right now as i'm on disability and i don't get much..500 a month

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2019
Sell the current system and replace it if you really feel like you need to. You can probably find some used setups for a decent price on craigslist.
sorry took so long to respond...I don't really have the cash right now to buy new but will take your advice into account tks

Mar 18, 2019
Replace it all. If you have an i5-650 like the review says, that CPU is 8 generations old. A Pentium or Celeron would probably perform the same.
What budget can you support for your upgrade?
I have a very small budget abd currently waiting on settlement so i think i will buy a new system when the time comes. I can give this one away to family. I just upgraded it to windows 10 and surprised it went on but it will be fine for them..tks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts