Upgrade or SLI

drok_

Prominent
Nov 14, 2017
Hello,
I have a gaming pc with a overclocked gtx 970 in it. i was wondering if getting a second one for sli would give better performance them selling it and getting for example a 1070.

Thank,
Drok

Solution
970 SLI performs slightly better than a 1070, but there are a few drawbacks to SLI, such at not all games being able to support it, and most games do not release with SLI support included so more than likely you will have to wait a month or two before you can play new releases.

You also have to figure out if your PSU can handle more than one card. If the wattage isn't high enough you'll have to get a better PSU as well.

So it's a tradeoff.

You have to weigh the pros and cons to figure out if its worth it to you.

On the other hand anything higher than a 1070 Ti is going to perform better and be more stable.

I would say if you are playing at 1080p weigh the pros and cons and get either a 1070 or another 970.

If you are playing at...

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
970 SLI performs slightly better than a 1070, but there are a few drawbacks to SLI, such at not all games being able to support it, and most games do not release with SLI support included so more than likely you will have to wait a month or two before you can play new releases.

You also have to figure out if your PSU can handle more than one card. If the wattage isn't high enough you'll have to get a better PSU as well.

So it's a tradeoff.

You have to weigh the pros and cons to figure out if its worth it to you.

On the other hand anything higher than a 1070 Ti is going to perform better and be more stable.

I would say if you are playing at 1080p weigh the pros and cons and get either a 1070 or another 970.

If you are playing at 1440p, get a 1070 Ti or above.

Solution