mike789

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Hi guys,
Started planning a new build and seek advice.
I already have some parts but I'm trying to figure out what is the best value for money.

case: Corsair 600T white (I really like this one, i think i'm going to get it anyway)
psu: Corsair hx750w pro modular (already owned)
ram: Corsair vengeance 2X4gb 1600 9-9-9-24 1.5v (already owned)
cpu: intel i5 3570k (for my needs i figured this is the best right now, or wait..?right now I have i5 750 @3,8ghz 24h)
cooler: Enermax T40 (saw some new tests and it really rocks, plan for future OC)
m/b: asus sabertooth z77 (is it an overkill?, will next gen chipsets be supported by it, or wait..? right now i have an asus p7p55-d-e evo but 1156)
ssd: Intel 330 120GB 2.5'' SATA3 (any other suggestion?)
gpu :Asus GTX670 2GB, (right now i have an ati 5850 @900,1200 24h)
dvdrom: LG bluray disc rewriter

The problem is that here in Greece the best price i can get all these is around 1300 eu (1714 $) which is kind of a rip off considering the prices in newegg. what do you think? Any advice or answer to any questions greatly appreciated.

no where near perfect

-600t is a pretty big scam for what it offers at a regular price. if it was 100 dollars, i might get it but otherwise a fractal define R4 offers more for half the price. not sure if you have it in greece or not, but just dont get the 600t unless its a last option. id rather get a 500R

-might want a noctua nh-d14. much better cooler

-dont bother with a sabertooth. thermal armour makes things hotter and costs way too much for its features. get something like a asrock z77 extreme4 or a gigabyte z77x-ud3h. you arent going to use all the ports on the board anyways so why waste the money? and no this board will not support next gen chips. those will be socket 1150

-samsung 830 128gb is a much better option. or the vertex 4 128gb. pick the cheaper one

-there are other 670s out there such as the msi power editon and the gigabyte windforce. those are cheaper and offer the same if not more

mike789

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
no where near perfect? thats heavy :??:

I changed my configuration based on your suggestions though, by combining 2 sources for hardware. Switched from 600t to fractal define R4 and from sabertooth to asrock xtreme4. The intel ssd has the best price here and the noctua cooler is too expensive compared to enermax here also. As for gpu, unfortunately my research showed that I have limited possibilities not many editions of the same chip and too expensive. I even think that waiting for a price drop is my best choice as fas ar the gpu mainly because its the most costly part.
To be more precise, these changes save me around 170 eu. If I dont get a new gpu yet and for starters I use my old one,which to be honest after OC still serves my gaming needs so far, I can get these parts (m/b,cpu+cooler,br-rw,ssd,case) for around 710 eu. So thanx for the input. Even though the same parts in newegg are for 700 usd... :fou: :fou: :fou: :fou: :fou:
Another question, which is better sapphire hd7950 vapor-x oc 3gb or msi gtx twin frozr iv n660ti-pe/oc 2gb? and how worse these are compared to an 670? Cause their price difference is around 100 eu with the 670, is it worth it? Comparing the prices gives me a headache, in the us u can get the 680 for the price you get the 670 here. Sucks. :cry:

do you happen to have a u12p-se2 from noctua where you live? that might be a good option

a 7950 performs better than a 660ti, but you get slightly less stability. not too many people will notice it, but just putting it out there. either one will be pretty good