[SOLVED] Upgrade path.(first post)

Jul 2, 2020
Hello
Im currently looking for a upgrade path for my system as i feel it my be getting abit behind.
My cpu is I5-8400
My graphics card is a gtx 1060 6gb
I have 24GB of ram and 3tb hdd i do have a ssd but that only for os.
Edit: My PSU is a 650watt corsair and the motherboard is a B360M DS3H

I do game alot at 1080p and I do get great fps but im starting to wonder if some games will either become only 60fps playable at low or medium considering the latest releases being higher speced.

Thanks for any advice given.

Last edited:
Solution
Hello
Im currently looking for a upgrade path for my system as i feel it my be getting abit behind.
My cpu is I5-8400

I do game alot at 1080p and I do get great fps but im starting to wonder if some games will either become only 60fps playable at low or medium considering the latest releases being higher speced.

When you start to have issues you can then look at upgrades. Your system for 1080 resolution is just fine for a while even running a 75 or 120 hz monitor, even 144 depending on the game and settings. Once you have...
Hello
My cpu is I5-8400

When you start to have issues you can then look at upgrades. Your system for 1080 resolution is just fine for a while even running a 75 or 120 hz monitor, even 144 depending on the game and settings. Once you have things that are running slow you can check CPU and GPU usage to see where the issue is, your system is nicely balanced, just make sure your RAM is running in dual channel mode, meaning 4 RAM sticks not 3.

Chances are good your video card will need to be upgraded before the CPU.

Solution