Question Upgrade path

Sep 9, 2020
Hello all,

I want to get more into PC gaming and I wondered if it was worth upgrading my PC or building a completely new one.

If upgrading, what should I upgrade to?

My specifications:
i5 6400
Asus H110M-A/M.2
8GB Crucial DDR4 2133Mhz 1 stick
1050Ti
240GB WD Green M.2 SSD
1TB WD Blue HDD
Corsair CX450M PSU

Thank you

mangaman

Honorable
Firstly, try and get another 8gb stick of ram that is identical to yours. Running on just one stick can significantly decrease performance compared to two or more RAM sticks.

Then if you want too, upgrade the GPU to something such as a GTX 1060 or an RX 580.

You can also upgrade the i5 6400 to something better such as an i7-6700 or the K version, as the i7 has four more threads, allowing for better performance over the i5.

Sep 9, 2020
Firstly, try and get another 8gb stick of ram that is identical to yours. Running on just one stick can significantly decrease performance compared to two or more RAM sticks.

Then if you want too, upgrade the GPU to something such as a GTX 1060 or an RX 580.

You can also upgrade the i5 6400 to something better such as an i7-6700 or the K version, as the i7 has four more threads, allowing for better performance over the i5.
My board can upgrade to 7th generation Intel but those CPU's are incredibly expensive

Not a good idea to add additional sticks. RAM is only guaranteed to work together when bought as a kit.

TRENDING THREADS