Upgrade pc (and use Hypergate Cloud Service) or buy New?

tempest501

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
Ok so this maybe a slight long read so apologies in advance. My PC is 4-5 years olds now (cant remember exactly lol) and is starting to shows signs of lag when I am playing games and/or when doing things on desktop etc.

My usual method when this happens was to try get another decent setup (something that will run games on high) but I have hear about Hypergate coming out this year (http://www.leapcomputing.com/#home) which are offering a cloud system at rally cheap prices.

I just cant decide what to do because I cant afford to make a system as powerful as you can rent with hypergate but I wonder if my competitive play will suffer from latency issues?

So my question is do I buy the Chillblast Fusion Nebula with the following spec:

Aerocool DS200 Case in black, white, red, blue, orange or green
Intel Core i7 4790K Overclocked to up to 4.6GHz
Corsair H55 Liquid Cooler
Asus Z97-K Motherboard
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Graphics Card
16GB Corsair 1600 Memory (2 x 8GB)
Samsung 850 EVO series SSD 250GB
1TB Seagate 7200rpm Hybrid SSHD
No Optical Drive
750W FSP Power Supply Unit
Windows 8.1 64 bit

Or do I upgrade my existing equipment and preorder Leap Computings Hypergate. If the latter do you guys have any suggestions on what I can do for upgrade (I started looking at ram but its a bit over my head on what I can buy and what will work lol). I have been told my processor is not great now but not sure I am confident enough to upgrade that. Here is my existing spec:

650W Corsair TX650W Power Supply
Intel Core i7-930 Quad Core Processor
1TB Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.C 3.5" Hard Disk Drive
Gigabyte GA X58A-UD3R Socket 1366 Motherboard
6GB Kingston Hyper-X 1600MHz DDR3 Triple Channel Memory Kit
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM
Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB Graphics Card

Again sorry for the really long post.

USAFRet

Titan
For this "Leap Computing" thing:
"Estimated Delivery is Q3 and Q4 of this year."

It doesn't exist yet.
I'd wait and see how it actually works, rather than relying on marketing-speak from the sales dept. Let someone else be the guinea pig.

tempest501

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010

So you would say go with buying a new pc? thing is if you preorder you get a 50% lifetime discount that is why i was considering upgrades and preorder

USAFRet

Titan

Completely unknown as to how (or if) that cloud thing actually works for gaming.
50% off crap is still crap.

tempest501

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010

That is true it is a bit of a gamble. I was just thretting because I cant really afford the X99 with i7 5820 and the ddr4 to future proof myself and was worried the Nebula would need replacing in 2 years when dx12 comes out and they start making use of the new tech.

TRENDING THREADS