Upgrade PC, changing motherboard, Power supply and Case, need help!

Captain75

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
I am planning to upgrade my Pre-built pc soon, as it is a slimline, so I want to change the motherboard, Power supply and the case, here are what I want to change it to:

Motherboard: MSI Z77a-G43
Power Supply: Cosair CX 750W 80+ Bronze
Case: NZXT Source 210 Blue
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just for Reference
My current pc specs:
Brand: Acer
Model: XC600-i347MR81T
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3470 Processor 3.20GHz
Operating System: Windows 8.1 64bit
Installed RAM: 8 GB
Hard Drive: 1TB HDD
Optical Drive: DVD Burner
Graphics Performance: AMD Sapphire HD 7750 Low Profile 1 GB DDR5(Used to be a nVidia GT 620 2GB DDR3)
PowerSupply: 220W
Link to the PC: http://www.harveynorman.com.sg/computers-communications/computers/desktops/acer-xc600-i347mr81t.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So Will the system work if I reuse the old CPU? and will the Motherboard fit into the case and work with the powersupply? Because a friend of mine changed his old prebuilt pc motherboard, psu and case, and he re-used his old CPU, so I want to know if I could do the same.

Solution
Yeah, the CPU and motherboard are compatible. And the motherboard, case, and power supply are all standard ATX so they'll work fine too.

I might recommend a power supply with lower wattage and a little higher quality (Corsair CX is acceptable, but only just). You definitely do not need a 750W unit. 450W would be plenty.
Yeah, the CPU and motherboard are compatible. And the motherboard, case, and power supply are all standard ATX so they'll work fine too.

I might recommend a power supply with lower wattage and a little higher quality (Corsair CX is acceptable, but only just). You definitely do not need a 750W unit. 450W would be plenty.

Solution