[SOLVED] Upgrade PC or just get a new one?

123Requiem

Reputable
Nov 25, 2019
I`m currently running on an i3 2100 with 2x2GB of ram and no gpu. This is a pre-built pc i bought last 2014. I know if I upgrade i need get more ram , an ssd and a gpu.
On the other hand, Im also thinking of getting a new one, a Ryzen 3 3200g build , an a320m board, and 1x8gb ram (which will be later upgrade to 2x8gb ram + rx 570).
Since my main games are only moba games like dota2 , LoL and some old school mmorpgs. I also want to try playing some single player games like CoD, Far Cry, and etc.

Should I just upgrade some of my components or is it better get a new pc ?

Solution
Go 2x4GB Ram right now and get a board with 4 ram slots. Later upgrade to 4x4GB. Single channel ram with integrated GPU will give really bad performance. You wont even get the bare minimum FPS you expect out of it.
Go 2x4GB Ram right now and get a board with 4 ram slots. Later upgrade to 4x4GB. Single channel ram with integrated GPU will give really bad performance. You wont even get the bare minimum FPS you expect out of it.

Solution

123Requiem

Reputable
Nov 25, 2019
Don't get 1X8GB RAM and upgrade later. Most times adding RAM to an existing system does not work. Get 2X4GB RAM and replace it with 2X8GB RAM later. That will give you dual channel operation whereas 1X8 will give you single channel operation.
Ok thanks, I guess ill just save up to immediately get 2x8GB ram

123Requiem

Reputable
Nov 25, 2019
Im planning to use an A320m motherboard which mostly consist of only 2 Ram slots i guess. I guess im just going to save up a little to immediately get the 2x8gb ram instead