Upgrade Pentium T4400 processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKayser

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
I'm looking into buying Adobe CS 6 Premium Design and Web, but I'm not sure that my laptop can handle it. I don't know enough about processors or motherboards to compare specs with much confidence. Can anyone help me determine if I'll need a different processor(or anything else for that matter) to make CS 6 run smoothly?

I have an ASUS K60I, Pentium Dual-Core T4400, and the software requires a Pentium 4.

Thank you!

I think if you did buy it and install it on that laptop that your user experience would be pretty horrible.

It is right about what is listed for the absolute minimum specifications to even get the thing to run at all. It may not even meet all of them (like screen resolution, for instance).

To be quite honest CS 6 Premium is more of a powerful desktop kinda application than a couple years old laptop kinda application.

If you really want this thing to run smoothly, I just don't think it is going to happen on the K60I.

People that can front the price tag for CS6 aren't usually starving so I will go ahead and ask, which one of these do you prefer:
1) Pay for new hardware, much better user experience
or
2) Don't pay for new hardware, prepared for bad user experience or it might not even work at all.

If #1, what is the budget going to look like and does it have to be a laptop, IE is mobility important?

HKayser

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
I was afraid you'd say that. I'm a student, so mobility is fairly important. I've been saving up for CS6, but getting that and new hardware isn't something I can front any time soon. Are you suggesting I buy an entirely new laptop, or would it be possible to have a decent cs6 experience more cheaply by modifying my current one?

If I were you I wouldn't bother with trying to upgrade your laptop's hardware.

The RAM is about the only semi-easy thing to change and I don't think there is going to be any way you can actually acquire 2x 4GBs DDR2 laptop RAM to put in there. AFAIK, none with those specifications were ever created at all.

You may just have to buy the CS6 and live with whatever the performance happens to be like. Just be ready for it to take a long time for some of those programs to boot up and execute the commands that you give it.

Status
Not open for further replies.