Upgrade power supply

turkey3_scratch

Polypheme
Ambassador
That won't help at all for any game near modern day, but I guess could help a tiny. What is your power supply? I doubt you need a new one, and I recommend you just get a GT 710; it's weak for modern day games, but this machine won't be able to run modern day games anyway. The GT 710 is actually capable of running modern day games on low settings, but your CPU is too weak.

The GT 710 is a bit below Intel's current graphics.

Inkiad

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
That system has a 220W power supply. Get a better quality power supply before upgrading cpu and adding a graphics card. What's your budget for power supply? What graphics card you want to add?

gyrne69

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013
I have about $50 for a power supply. Will be getting a AMD Athlon 64x2 5050e and a MSI NVIDIA GeForce GT 610. Will they fit into my computer.

turkey3_scratch

Polypheme
Ambassador

No don't touch Apevia junk.

So let me get this straight, $100 total, $50 for GPU and $50 for PSU?

First and foremost, I don't think a normal ATX PSU fits in that case. I'll need to find the specs.

Also, your CPU is ancient and whole system. You can't play anywhere near modern games on this you know, right?

You should actually be fine with the current power supply; I'd like to know the model # though.

turkey3_scratch

Polypheme
Ambassador
That won't help at all for any game near modern day, but I guess could help a tiny. What is your power supply? I doubt you need a new one, and I recommend you just get a GT 710; it's weak for modern day games, but this machine won't be able to run modern day games anyway. The GT 710 is actually capable of running modern day games on low settings, but your CPU is too weak.

The GT 710 is a bit below Intel's current graphics.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS