Upgrade prebuild or build new?

Jan 28, 2019
I received this pre built PC as a gift about 7 months ago https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-ultra-desktop-amd-fx-series-8gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-560-1tb-hard-drive-black/6225212.p?skuId=6225212

It's been fine for the time i've used it but I'm now interested in upgrading. Should i just upgrade the build i have or would i be better off starting a whole new build? I mainly use that PC to stream from and occasionally game on. I'd like a build that would be comfortable doing both if possible!

Thank you

iaminsensible

Proper
Jan 1, 2019
Honestly, it depends on your budget. If you have more than 600$ then I would recommend purchasing a new one. Though, the only thing you need to really upgrade in your current PC is your GPU as it slightly bottlenecks your CPU (not noticeable or a huge problem though). Another thing I would personally upgrade is the RAM from 8 to 16 (If you can). Other than that, the PC is fine. (Maybe another 1 TB or 500 GB hard drive?)

hang-the-9

Titan

Gift was obviously from someone that does not read these forums hehe, would have been better off just giving you some money to go towards a system instead of getting a computer with a 6 year old CPU and a low quality power supply. For a mid-range system, an RX 580 card now is a good buy, and will run in your system. What you can do is get a RX 580, if you don't see much of an improvement you can look into replacing the full system and selling yours. Should be able to get a few 100 for it.