[SOLVED] Upgrade prebuild or build new?

Jan 28, 2019
I received this pre built PC as a gift about 7 months ago https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-ultra-desktop-amd-fx-series-8gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-560-1tb-hard-drive-black/6225212.p?skuId=6225212

It's been fine for the time i've used it but I'm now interested in upgrading. Should i just upgrade the build i have or would i be better off starting a whole new build? I mainly use that PC to stream from and occasionally game on. I'd like a build that would be comfortable doing both if possible!

Thank you

Solution

Gift was obviously from someone that does not read these forums hehe, would have been better off just giving you some money to go towards a system instead of getting a computer with a 6 year old CPU and a low quality...

iaminsensible

Proper
Jan 1, 2019
Honestly, it depends on your budget. If you have more than 600$ then I would recommend purchasing a new one. Though, the only thing you need to really upgrade in your current PC is your GPU as it slightly bottlenecks your CPU (not noticeable or a huge problem though). Another thing I would personally upgrade is the RAM from 8 to 16 (If you can). Other than that, the PC is fine. (Maybe another 1 TB or 500 GB hard drive?)

Gift was obviously from someone that does not read these forums hehe, would have been better off just giving you some money to go towards a system instead of getting a computer with a 6 year old CPU and a low quality power supply. For a mid-range system, an RX 580 card now is a good buy, and will run in your system. What you can do is get a RX 580, if you don't see much of an improvement you can look into replacing the full system and selling yours. Should be able to get a few 100 for it.

Solution