Question upgrade processor

Mar 1, 2019
hai everyone! does upgrading an intel dualcore E7500 processor to dualcore Q6600 allows my pc to play high end games like GTA5

other current specification of my pc
---------------------------------------------------------
6Gb ddr3 ram
2gb graphics card
and it is a lga775 socket motherboard(gigabyte g41-m combo) so i dont think i can replace it with other good processors

also suggest other better processors for the lga775 socket motherboard

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
hai everyone! does upgrading an intel dualcore E7500 processor to dualcore Q6600 allows my pc to play high end games like GTA5

other current specification of my pc
---------------------------------------------------------
6Gb ddr3 ram
2gb graphics card
and it is a lga775 socket motherboard(gigabyte g41-m combo) so i dont think i can replace it with other good processors

also suggest other better processors for the lga775 socket motherboard

That particular CPU upgrade wouldn't really be much of a gain for you - you get more cores, but it's also a lower-clocked CPU and you actually will get slightly slower single-core performance. In the end, this would likely be a minor upgrade overall, but not significant enough to really change your experience.

If you can't upgrade your platform, a better CPU upgrade would be tracking down a Core2Quad CPU in the 9000s, such as a 9400/9500/9550/9650.

The GPU may also be a necessary upgrade, depending on what you already have, but we'd need to know your specific GPU; the amount of VRAM is too general as a wide variety of cards have 2 GB of VRAM, from very slow non-gaming GPUs to GPUs that were higher-end at the time. Also would need specific information about your power supply.