folksrust

Honorable
Oct 19, 2017
Hi im looking for PC upgrade recommendations I dont really have a budget atm but for the future/in a month or so when I have the money maybe around 400-500$ I would like to upgrade but how and what? I currently have a GTX1060 3gb, amd ryzen 5 2600 and 16gb 3000mhz corsair vengeance ram dual stick. My friend has suggested upgrading my GPU to an RTX2060 as if I was to upgrade to a 1070/1080 I would need to spend more money again in the future for another upgrade but if I get this itll save me money... thoughts?

Hi im looking for PC upgrade recommendations I dont really have a budget atm but for the future/in a month or so when I have the money maybe around 400-500$ I would like to upgrade but how and what? I currently have a GTX1060 3gb, amd ryzen 5 2600 and 16gb 3000mhz corsair vengeance ram dual stick. My friend has suggested upgrading my GPU to an RTX2060 as if I was to upgrade to a 1070/1080 I would need to spend more money again in the future for another upgrade but if I get this itll save me money... thoughts?
What resolution and refresh rate is your monitor or target for a future monitor? Are you planning to upgrade because you will have money to do so or is there actually an issue with your current system not meeting your expectations? Many times people upgrade just because they can and it costs more money down the road. There are plenty of new generation GPUs scheduled to launch later this year. If you can deal with your current card for a bit longer, I’d stay with what you have till new cards launch.

folksrust

Honorable
Oct 19, 2017
What resolution and refresh rate is your monitor or target for a future monitor? Are you planning to upgrade because you will have money to do so or is there actually an issue with your current system not meeting your expectations? Many times people upgrade just because they can and it costs more money down the road. There are plenty of new generation GPUs scheduled to launch later this year. If you can deal with your current card for a bit longer, I’d stay with what you have till new cards launch.

There is something wrong with my computer, I do gaming videos of Rust but one time when I was trying to get vegas pro for free lol.. yes for free I guess I got a virus? I came on my PC the next day with my computer being far slower/windows not responding sometimes but I could clearly notice something has happened with the memory usage as when no games were launched with only youtube it was hitting 50% usage but when I had rust opened it would be hitting 95-99% ram usage which is scary... I went into my BIO settings and changed my ram from 2133 speed to 3000 which kinda helped and now it sticks to around 85-93% but its still bad and I feel like something has happened to my computer. I have tried everything premium malware bytes, adware cleaner, ccleaner etc fixed it a bit more but not as good as I wanted. Ive been recommended to reinstall my windows but I dont know how & it seems like big time consuming lol.

Also my monitors are only 60-75hz I dont know any cheap monitors that have higher hz all of the ones I was able to find a year or two ago were very expensive

Yeah I would try reinstalling windows, you can probably have everything done in about an hour, windows takes like 10 min these days. Just watch a video on YouTube. When it comes to Rust, it is a very unoptimized game and takes a ton of system resources regardless.