Upgrade recommendations please!

Kyl_104

Prominent
Mar 18, 2017
I’m looking to upgrade my system. I have included what I have, it was built in 2014 and I will be upgrading to a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 WINDFORCE OC 8G. But I’m wondering if my system requires further upgrade (cpu, mobo, ram, etc). My goal is to play Far Cry 5 and new games in ultra/high settings win 60fps. Thank you guys in advance.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Kyle6858/saved/GT69WZ

Solution
i would add an SSD as your boot/programs drive to make it faster (256 GB should be fine, unless you have too many games and dont want to install/desintall, 512 Gb if that is the case) and maybe 8 more gigs of RAM, other than that i dont think you will have any problems.
your system is fine, it should exceeds most game's recommended setting.

ram is a bit low, you can probably add another two more 4 gb to make it 16 gb in total, but since you have a 8g vram, most of the game should be okay with 8g sys ram and 8 g vram.

Geral

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2014
i would add an SSD as your boot/programs drive to make it faster (256 GB should be fine, unless you have too many games and dont want to install/desintall, 512 Gb if that is the case) and maybe 8 more gigs of RAM, other than that i dont think you will have any problems.

Solution