[SOLVED] Upgrade Route and compatibility

PlsKillMe

Honorable
Feb 7, 2017
Hello,
I've been planning on doing quite a big upgrade for some time now, and maybe now is the time since the nvidia 20 series are dropping a bit in price. So

This is my current setup:

Ryzen 3 1300x @ 3.7 GHz
Gigabyte GA-AB350M- GAMING 3 MOBO
Corsair Builder Series CX450M
Corsair Vengeance 2x8 DDR4 3000 mhz CL15
ASUS PHOENIX GTX 1050ti
1tb HDD

And my upgrade plans are buying a ryzen 5 3600x and a RTX 2060s. I'm pretty sure my PSU doesn't handle that type of heat, so might aswell add a new PSU.

So my doubts are; is the ryzen 5 3600x compatible with the motherboard? (i think it'll need a bios update and that's it, but not too sure), and what PSU should i buy with these upgrades in mind, and are there any better upgrades in that price range? im pretty decided on these upgrades but open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hello,
I've been planning on doing quite a big upgrade for some time now, and maybe now is the time since the nvidia 20 series are dropping a bit in price. So

Ryzen 3 1300x @ 3.7 GHz
ASUS PHOENIX GTX 1050ti
1tb HDD

And my upgrade plans are buying a ryzen 5 3600x and a RTX 2060s. I'm pretty sure my PSU doesn't handle that type of heat, so might aswell add a new PSU.

So my doubts are; is the ryzen 5 3600x compatible with the motherboard? (i think it'll need a bios update and that's it, but not too sure), and what PSU should i buy with these upgrades in mind, and are there any better upgrades in that...
Hello,

Ryzen 3 1300x @ 3.7 GHz
ASUS PHOENIX GTX 1050ti
1tb HDD

So my doubts are; is the ryzen 5 3600x compatible with the motherboard? (i think it'll need a bios update and that's it, but not too sure), and what PSU should i buy with these upgrades in mind, and are there any better upgrades in that price range? im pretty decided on these upgrades but open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
Your motherboard supports the 3600X with bios version F40. The board has relatively weak VRM (4+3) but will still work. A B550 board would be better and put you in a position for upgrade to Zen3 later on but I understand budget issues and all that.

The RTX 2060 Super are still selling for $400 or more right now. At $500 the RTX 3070 is a far better value with huge performance increase if you can get one in a few weeks from now when they're released.

You can get a Seasonic made Antec EA750 PRO Gold for about a hundred bucks. The 550W and 650W are almost the same price so the 750W is a no-brainer and will allow you to easily power a RTX 3070 or whatever you decide to get.

Solution

PlsKillMe

Honorable
Feb 7, 2017
Thanks very much for the advice, im quite limited from where i get the components because of the country i live in, where shipment from the US is quite expensive, so i'm basically forced to either buy locally or buy something online for really cheap to offset the shipping. Will this PSU work?

https://www.yoytec.com/fuentes-pode...ta-abanico-120mm-plus-gold-negro-p-18185.html

The 3070 sounds like a fantastic option, ill wait and see for how much local retailers put them up for, because i think even a 150$ price difference is nothing compared to the perfomance difference it offers, however it's still money i'll have to get somehow and its a bit hard right now.

Thanks Again for the advice

Thanks very much for the advice, im quite limited from where i get the components because of the country i live in, where shipment from the US is quite expensive, so i'm basically forced to either buy locally or buy something online for really cheap to offset the shipping. Will this PSU work?

https://www.yoytec.com/fuentes-pode...ta-abanico-120mm-plus-gold-negro-p-18185.html

The 3070 sounds like a fantastic option, ill wait and see for how much local retailers put them up for, because i think even a 150$ price difference is nothing compared to the perfomance difference it offers, however it's still money i'll have to get somehow and its a bit hard right now.

Thanks Again for the advice
The Cooler Master will be fine. I looked through that website and your choices are limited so the model you picked is pretty good.

PlsKillMe

Honorable
Feb 7, 2017
Hello once again, im here to update on what i first asked. The 2060s are just a bit too overpriced here, and theres is cero availabilty for the 3070, however, i got an offer for a 1080 (not ti) for about 300 bucks.
Will the ryzen 5 3600x and the PSU linked above still hold? im pretty sure a 1080 is a bit demanding when it comes to PSU so im not too sure, and im also not sure if i will experience any bottlenecking because of the 3600x? Also there are many offers for 1080s ranging from 300$ to 400$, so that might be the better choice for me, and all of them seem legit.