[SOLVED] Upgrade Ryzen 1700 to i9 9900k?

Feb 12, 2019
What I do isthings game dev related ....mostly. 3d modeling, texture creation etc.

I render with GPU (RTX 2080 and GTX 1080) and I don't need to render with my CPU.

I want to stream games and my tutorials/workflows (3d modeling etc.)

I use:
  • Zbrush,
  • Blender,
  • Unity,
  • Unreal (not often),
  • Substance Painter/Designer,
  • Photoshop,

I don't want to change my CPU in 5-7 years. I want to game at 1440p or 4k.

Is ryzen 1700 enough? I switched to ryzen because I wanted to upgrade my CPU when ryzen 3000 launches but... after launch there are so many problems with AMD bioses and mobos. There a problems in apps and with windows. I am kind of sick of it. I don't know what to do...

Should I wait for 3950x?

I want amazing CPU frequency for my work but I don't want my PC to lag and get slow when doing more stuff on it.

If you think it is worth to upgrade, what cheap mobo is good for i9 9900k, I don't want to OC at all or just do "some" OC.

Solution
Why bother with a 9900K? If you don’t use premier so don’t get the intel iGPU render acceleration then the r9 3900X destroys the 9900K. Barely behind on single thread and has 24 threads vs 16 for multithread.

Get yourself a X570 board and a R9.

Or if you have a stupid amount get a Mac Pro When they come out for like 20K or whatever
Early adopter period will always raise issues wait a little while and the problems should be ironed out that's just my personal opinion I personally am staying Ryzen If you are doing just gaming yes intel but if you are doing a combination of anything else Ryzen is the way to go. (my personal opinion)

May 29, 2019
Early adopter period will always raise issues wait a little while and the problems should be ironed out that's just my personal opinion I personally am staying Ryzen If you are doing just gaming yes intel but if you are doing a combination of anything else Ryzen is the way to go. (my personal opinion)
Even with gaming ryzen is barely behind, so it should be fine

Feb 12, 2019
YES, that's what I am gonna do. No more wasting my money... I will probably invest in better internet connection and things that will benefit me more for the saved money. I was a bit intel fan but ryzen cought my attention last year and I decided to switch to ryzen... I started having problems with performance in games and apps - some weird freezes etc. That's why when I noticed newest ryzens having a lot of problems and remembering my own problems... I thought about going back to intel :d

Why bother with a 9900K? If you don’t use premier so don’t get the intel iGPU render acceleration then the r9 3900X destroys the 9900K. Barely behind on single thread and has 24 threads vs 16 for multithread.

Get yourself a X570 board and a R9.

Or if you have a stupid amount get a Mac Pro When they come out for like 20K or whatever

Solution