[SOLVED] Upgrade SSD, RAM?

boagz

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2014
So obviously xmas is coming up and I'm trying to come up with gift ideas for myself. I recently built a new computer with a 3rd gen ryzen CPU and x570 mobo which means I would be able to use new, 4.0pcie sdd's as well as higher frequency memory (3600mhz). Currently, I have a samsung 960 evo m.2 nvme ssd and 2x8GB corsair vengence 3000 mhz ram sticks installed. I know the benefits won't be much probably, but, assuming I can only pick one or the other, I was curious as to whether it would be more beneficial to upgrade the ssd or RAM (to 3600 mhz ram sticks). I figure if I have the cpu and mobo for it, might as well upgrade one of them.

Solution
So obviously xmas is coming up and I'm trying to come up with gift ideas for myself. I recently built a new computer with a 3rd gen ryzen CPU and x570 mobo which means I would be able to use new, 4.0pcie sdd's as well as higher frequency memory (3600mhz). Currently, I have a samsung 960 evo m.2 nvme ssd and 2x8GB corsair vengence 3000 mhz ram sticks installed. I know the benefits won't be much probably, but, assuming I can only pick one or the other, I was curious as to whether it would be more beneficial to upgrade the ssd or RAM (to 3600 mhz ram sticks). I figure if I have the cpu and mobo for it, might as well upgrade one of them.
RAM, Ryzen loves fast memory, Zen3 even runs better with 4 sticks.
Samsung 960evo is fast...
RAM, Ryzen loves fast memory, Zen3 even runs better with 4 sticks.
Samsung 960evo is fast enough for anything. Only when disk's usage gets close to 100% usage does it make any difference in speed practically speaking but I have never seen mine go anywhere close to it. Reading or writing.

Solution