[SOLVED] Upgrade Stuck In Bios

cgresser24

Commendable
Aug 16, 2017
So basically I upgraded my cpu cooling system to the h100i pro and when i went to boot up my pc it is stuck in an infinite bios boot loop and i cant seem to get out of it. Any tips?

Thanks.

Solution
I would check CPU for bent pins or if you have Intel, the pins are in the socket.
You did connect the fan header and the USB-header that I assume came with the pump to motherboard?
Does your motherboard have error lights? Usually 3 or so. CPU, GPU, RAM.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
Take out BIOS battery for 30 secs, check all cables, make sure they are connected all the way in. Try booting again.
Sounds like Power On Self Test detects the power is bad. Check PSU connections.
How hard did you tighten the cooler? It shouldn't float around when you try to move it but if you clamp it down too hard, all kinds of hell breaks loose.

cgresser24

Commendable
Aug 16, 2017
Take out BIOS battery for 30 secs, check all cables, make sure they are connected all the way in. Try booting again.
Sounds like Power On Self Test detects the power is bad. Check PSU connections.
How hard did you tighten the cooler? It shouldn't float around when you try to move it but if you clamp it down too hard, all kinds of hell breaks loose.
Cooler isn’t on too tight made sure of that. I went and took out the bios battery for about 45 seconds and put it back in also making sure all the psu connections were good and when i booted it up everything was the same with no change.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
I would check CPU for bent pins or if you have Intel, the pins are in the socket.
You did connect the fan header and the USB-header that I assume came with the pump to motherboard?
Does your motherboard have error lights? Usually 3 or so. CPU, GPU, RAM.

Solution