[SOLVED] Upgrade suggestions for my poor pc?

Feb 26, 2020
Hello. Help me to get rid off that nasty FX cpu and that old am3+ socket mobo. I have max 300€ to make changes. I have no clue what should i look in these days. I'am ok with my gpu, not the best one, but actually runs COD:MW lowest settings and 1920x1080 pretty much at 60fps. My problem is that hot and loud FX CPU. With stock cooler it goes up to 80'C while gaiming. .. idle is fine 35'C. What are my options? Here is my specs:
otMdoMV.png

Solution
I agree with Blitz. Your hardware should be ok for a little bit longer, but you should start saving as it won't be too much longer before the FX isn't going to be good enough for newer games. Even something as budget as a Ryzen 3 2200G is over 30% faster than the FX 8350. The 2200G is going to be a LOT easier to cool as well, on top of giving you a much easier time when doing your next upgrade. If you were to wait a year and double your budget you could get a great midrange 3rd gen Ryzen and a new GPU. Plus if you save that budget towards a new system now and add to it, you'll be prepared for the potential failure of your aging hardware...

That said, this would be a good upgrade for you right now.

PCPartPicker Part List...
Feb 26, 2020
I'll try clean, and check all hardware, reapply new thermal paste, buy better aftermarket cpu cooler, some case fans if you don't have it, update bios, make fresh windows install. Your hardware is not so bad.
Thank you. So no really changes needed? I could buy noctua cooler, since i googled it was good and silent.

Anyway to wiggle in another 18 Euros? This is a very strong build but is slightly over your budget. You could look for a used Ryzen 2600 which should get you at or under your budget. At least here in teh US there are lots of Ryzen CPUs on the used market

PCPartPicker Part List: https://fi.pcpartpicker.com/list/FbpDx6

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor (€144.90 @ Jimm's)
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€87.00 @ Jimm's)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (€86.91 @ Newegg Finland)
Total: €318.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-26 18:26 CET+0100

Feb 26, 2020
Anyway to wiggle in another 18 Euros? This is a very strong build but is slightly over your budget. You could look for a used Ryzen 2600 which should get you at or under your budget. At least here in teh US there are lots of Ryzen CPUs on the used market

PCPartPicker Part List: https://fi.pcpartpicker.com/list/FbpDx6

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor (€144.90 @ Jimm's)
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€87.00 @ Jimm's)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (€86.91 @ Newegg Finland)
Total: €318.81
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-26 18:26 CET+0100
That 18 euros sure wont be a problem haha. This looks nice. Is that Ryzen way better than that FX? Lets say if i would buy these parts, would i see any differents on perfomance in gaming? Thank you for reply, ill def. will keep these in mind. And sorry for my bad english.. :D Oh, one question. Why does i get so much screen tearing? Is GPU problem? Allmost anygame tears so much. And cant really put vsync on cause of massive fps loss.

I agree with Blitz. Your hardware should be ok for a little bit longer, but you should start saving as it won't be too much longer before the FX isn't going to be good enough for newer games. Even something as budget as a Ryzen 3 2200G is over 30% faster than the FX 8350. The 2200G is going to be a LOT easier to cool as well, on top of giving you a much easier time when doing your next upgrade. If you were to wait a year and double your budget you could get a great midrange 3rd gen Ryzen and a new GPU. Plus if you save that budget towards a new system now and add to it, you'll be prepared for the potential failure of your aging hardware...

That said, this would be a good upgrade for you right now.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor (€99.00 @ Jimm's)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€79.00 @ Jimm's)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (€97.90 @ Jimm's)
Total: €275.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-26 18:41 CET+0100

30%+ on the CPU performance, more RAM, and a board that will slot a 3700X with nothing but a BIOS update.

Solution
That 18 euros sure wont be a problem haha. This looks nice. Is that Ryzen way better than that FX? Lets say if i would buy these parts, would i see any differents on perfomance in gaming? Thank you for reply, ill def. will keep these in mind. And sorry for my bad english.. :D Oh, one question. Why does i get so much screen tearing? Is GPU problem? Allmost anygame tears so much. And cant really put vsync on cause of massive fps loss.

Depends on the game of how much. The AMD FX wasnt a great gaming CPU when it was new and is pretty bad now, so I would say you'll see an overall improvement, just how much depends alot on the game.

logainofhades

Titan
I wouldn't do a 2200g, in 2020. Quad core gaming, is dying. I would get a 1st gen R5 1600, before I bought any quad core CPU. Even with that RX 570, you should see a substantial improvement in your gaming experience, using a Ryzen 5 1600, or 2600, over your FX. I highly doubt you are making full use of that GPU, as it is.

I wouldn't do a 2200g, in 2020. Quad core gaming, is dying. I would get a 1st gen R5 1600, before I bought any quad core CPU. Even with that RX 570, you should see a substantial improvement in your gaming experience, using a Ryzen 5 1600, or 2600, over your FX. I highly doubt you are making full use of that GPU, as it is.
If it had show up as available in his country I'd have picked it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately there is a huge availability gap between the 2200G and 2600, which would have hurt the amount of RAM he could fit in. I suppose he could import it, but that comes with its own cost. That said, no game will run better on his 8350 than it will on the 2200G, so it is still a reasonably upgrade and stepping stone to a much better 6c/12t or 8c/16t CPU. You've got to play the availability game and the budget game hand in hand... and unfortunately it isn't like there is a budget 6 core CPU from Intel on the market anywhere. So it comes down to which is the least objectionable, an over all upgrade or a great CPU upgrade with a RAM downgrade.