[SOLVED] Upgrade the router or purchase a wifi extender

Jul 2, 2020
I have a very basic wifi router Netgear R6080 that I purchase a couple of years ago. We're using it for home office work and internet surfing. It works great most of time. However, I started seeing some dead spots since working at home. Dead spots are all located on the 2nd floor and the router is on the 1st floor. I do have a question for you. Should I replace the router with a upgraded one or purchase a wifi extender? I will appreciate if you could also recommend which products. My house is 2600 sq ft 2 story house like below.
__
| |
| |
|_______________________deadspot|
| |
| |
|router__________________________|

Solution
I have a very basic wifi router Netgear R6080 that I purchase a couple of years ago. We're using it for home office work and internet surfing. It works great most of time. However, I started seeing some dead spots since working at home. Dead spots are all located on the 2nd floor and the router is on the 1st floor. I do have a question for you. Should I replace the router with a upgraded one or purchase a wifi extender? I will appreciate if you could also recommend which products. My house is 2600 sq ft 2 story house like below.
__
| |

kanewolf

Titan
__
| |
| |
|_______________________deadspot|
| |
| |
|router__________________________|
A powerline network with WIFI would be my recommendation -- https://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-Everywhere-Powerline-Dual-Band-TPL-430APK/dp/B01FXDVIHC

Solution