Question Upgrade time or no?

songoku619

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
Seeing how bad things are in the current GPU market, do you guys think it'll get any better? I can play most current AAA titles at High/High+ settings on 1080P. Should I wait out the storm or will my trusty RX580 be useless soon enough? Current rig in my sig (its not much but its mine ;)

Lutfij

Titan
Current rig in my sig (its not much but its mine ;)

Intel Core i5-11600 / Gamdias zchione e2-120r / Corsair Vengeance LP DDR4 16GB @ 3200Mhz / Sapphire Radeon RX580 Nitro+ / Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1Tb nVme / Asus B560-Prime Plus / Thermaltake Core X31 RIING RGB Edition / Antec HCG-520M / Razer Deathadder Chroma / Edifier S350dB / Thrustmaster T150 Pro / Playseat Challenge

^ Sig space specs tend to change over time, this is why we ask users to post their specs in the thread's body, so the thread is beneficial to (the rest of) the community.

How old is the PSU in your build? As for your question with the GPU market, I'd wait it out unless you actually have the money that's being asked for parts in this day and age.

songoku619

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
^ Sig space specs tend to change over time, this is why we ask users to post their specs in the thread's body, so the thread is beneficial to (the rest of) the community.

How old is the PSU in your build? As for your question with the GPU market, I'd wait it out unless you actually have the money that's being asked for parts in this day and age.
I legit updated my sig for this post xD

PSU is around 2yrs old. Money isn't an issue it's just about whether or not I'll need to upgrade or not in the near future vs mid-term whether prices will drop and I can get more value. I'm emigrating in the next year or two so will probably build a new rig then or if I'm going to run into issues soon.

Jan 21, 2022
Seeing how bad things are in the current GPU market, do you guys think it'll get any better? I can play most current AAA titles at High/High+ settings on 1080P. Should I wait out the storm or will my trusty RX580 be useless soon enough? Current rig in my sig (its not much but its mine ;)
i rekon that it wont be useless... i hope it will be better

TRENDING THREADS