Upgrade to 1070ti vs RTX 2070?

aocon62

Prominent
Sep 19, 2018
I am currently in the market for a new GPU. I have a gtx 1060 6G. Now, I want to comfortably play games in Vr as well as 1440p/4K. I am torn on the two because of the price to performance issue. A 1070 ti where i live (Australia) retails around $700 AUD, where a 2070 is roughly $1000. Is it worth shelling out the 300 dollars more? I would love a 1080 but there is legitimately none reasonably priced. They all go for above $1000. Same for Ti as it is around $1500 AUD. Thanks.

Solution
Right now, not really. There are too many questions with all of the 2000 series cards in regard to failures, fires, performance issues and now a lack of Nvidia sending any more hardware to the board partners which tells us they may have found some kind of issue that has caused them to have to take another look at what is going on.

For now, I'd stick to whatever 1000 series cards you can get. The 1070ti or 1080 are still very good choices and considering that six months ago they were mere steps away from the best consumer card you could get should be a consideration. Games haven't changed much since then, so you're not really losing anything and you'll be gaining a lot over that GTX 1060.

The bigger concern might be whether or not you...
Right now, not really. There are too many questions with all of the 2000 series cards in regard to failures, fires, performance issues and now a lack of Nvidia sending any more hardware to the board partners which tells us they may have found some kind of issue that has caused them to have to take another look at what is going on.

For now, I'd stick to whatever 1000 series cards you can get. The 1070ti or 1080 are still very good choices and considering that six months ago they were mere steps away from the best consumer card you could get should be a consideration. Games haven't changed much since then, so you're not really losing anything and you'll be gaining a lot over that GTX 1060.

The bigger concern might be whether or not you have a power supply that is suitable for use with a top shelf card like that. What is the model of your current power supply?

Solution