[SOLVED] Upgrade to 16GB RAM or buy an SSD

Apr 10, 2019
hello every body
shall i upgrade to 16 gb ram ddr4 , or buy ssd m.2 (Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 256gb)

my pc components
cpu: i3 8100
m.b: aours z370
ram: 8gb
vga: Gigabyte GTX 1060 6gb gaming 1
hard: wd 1 tera blue

Solution
SSD won't really make a difference in gaming performance, just a convenience thing or faster load times/more responsive system. Extra RAM could make a noticeable difference is some games.

How much would an MX500 SSD cost compared to the XPG? You're going to see little to no difference between SATA and NVMe SSD.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
SSD won't really make a difference in gaming performance, just a convenience thing or faster load times/more responsive system. Extra RAM could make a noticeable difference is some games.

How much would an MX500 SSD cost compared to the XPG? You're going to see little to no difference between SATA and NVMe SSD.

Reactions: Hatem Fathi
Solution

WildCard999

Titan
any more opinions plz ?
The problem is with adding more memory is that even if you buy an identical kit there's a small chance the system won't boot or won't be stable. As long as your not running multiple apps in the background, trying to stream or gaming with websites open then 8gb is sufficient.

I'd go SSD now and when you do make the upgrade to 16gb sell your current kit and buy a 2x8gb kit so you don't need to worry about potential issues.

Reactions: Hatem Fathi
Apr 10, 2019
The problem is with adding more memory is that even if you buy an identical kit there's a small chance the system won't boot or won't be stable. As long as your not running multiple apps in the background, trying to stream or gaming with websites open then 8gb is sufficient.

I'd go SSD now and when you do make the upgrade to 16gb sell your current kit and buy a 2x8gb kit so you don't need to worry about potential issues.

you right ...
and i already put my 8 ram for sell ... and then buy 2x8gb kit

jacob68

Notable
Jan 30, 2019
why without a doubt? I run the witcher 3 with discord tabs open 60+ fps ultra on 8gb ram?
It is all up to op.
Because....if he primarily uses it for gaming and doesnt have storage capacity issues, adding an SSD will do jack **for him performancewise? Where as going from 8-16GB ram overall will increase performance and is an investment that will pay off in the future with gaming,

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS