Upgrade to 6th gen or stick with what I have?

Emalco

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
Hello! Not too long ago I made a thread in which I asked for a good, not so expensive upgrade to my Intel G645 processor. My current setup would be:

Intel G645
Radeon 7850
4gb RAM
500GB disk.
600W power supply.

Now, I'd like to know, if it'd be better to get a new motherboard entirely with a 6th gen processor, or should I keep looking for one that runs on my motherboard? Which one would be better? I'm not really into running 2016 games at ultra or anything like that, I have enough running things at medium graphics. I can afford something like a core i3-6100, but I'd like to know if I'd be doing the right thing or not. Also, where I live, I can't get any of the online discounts or used parts, so price comparison would have to be full retail.

Emalco

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
Thanks for the answer! Yes, I've considered buying an used CPU, but sadly where I live, there are no reliable online sites where you can buy from trusted sellers, and you can't really trust someone else's words in a situation like this. What's the worst you could get from a used CPU, if the guy selling it shows you it's working and all? Having it die in a month? A year?