[SOLVED] Upgrade to better handle VR

Quickless

Reputable
Nov 10, 2019
Sup,

I have had an oculus rift since 2017, I dont know if I should upgrade to Rift S, but thats not the point(You can tell me if u want to tho ;) ). I'm making this thread today because Im starting to get back into vr gaming after leaving my rift untouched for almost 3 years. And I can run games fine, its just the stress of vr games on things like my CPU tend to ramp up the heat. Causing sudden crashes every few hours of vr gaming. One time while unplugging my rift and its sensors. I got a power overload error for my usb ports lol. I'm just wondering. Should I upgrade, and if so, what shall I upgrade that part to, and/or if i should upgrade coolers.

Please Send Links from:

Heres a list of my PC specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pXwrL2

Anyways, thanks a ton for the support!

IMPORTANT UPDATE; just broke both my motherboards 2.0 usb ports somehow... time for a new motherboard i guess..

Last edited:
Solution
Gpu upgrade is the thing that will most help you

Also
Don't get a new board, since that will require a new cpu.

Just get an add in usb card.

Quickless

Reputable
Nov 10, 2019
If you already have it, yes, that will work fine. You can use a USB 2.0 device in a USB 3.0 port.

-Wolf sends

Edit: Do you have an upgrade budget?
Just unplugged my oculus stuff and plugged in my usb 3.0 hub, pc instantly shut off when the usb was halfway in, lol. Also, I have 350 dollars on amazon, so i guess thats my budget ¯\(ツ)