[SOLVED] Upgrade to GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6GB MINI ITX OC ?

Erko

Reputable
Jul 26, 2015
Hello!

Last time I turned to this site for advice and it was really helpful. So I will try again. I upgraded to this setup 2-3 years ago and I feel like it's time for an upgrade again. At the moment I can play most games with at least 60 fps. For an example, when I play Call of Duty: Warzone on 1080P Lowest settings I got an average 60 fps (Sometimes dropping down to 45-50 fps). I do believe that this has something to do with my current graphic card.

My question: Is the Geforce GTX 1660 Super 6GB Mini ITX OC a worthful upgrade? If it is, I probably must upgrade my PSU as 450 watt is recommended for that card.

I have a HP p6-2481eo case.

PSU: Antec Earthwatts EA-380D GREEN (380w)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 six-core processor
Motherboard: Asrock AB350m Pro 4 Microatx
MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance High Performance Desktop Memory Module) 2 x 8gb
GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 1050 Ti mini

Hello!

Last time I turned to this site for advice and it was really helpful. So I will try again. I upgraded to this setup 2-3 years ago and I feel like it's time for an upgrade again. At the moment I can play most games with at least 60 fps. For an example, when I play Call of Duty: Warzone on 1080P Lowest settings I got an average 60 fps (Sometimes dropping down to 45-50 fps). I do believe that this has something to do with my current graphic card.

My question: Is the Geforce GTX 1660 Super 6GB Mini ITX OC a worthful upgrade? If it is, I probably must upgrade my PSU as 450 watt is recommended for that card.

I have a HP p6-2481eo case.

PSU: Antec Earthwatts EA-380D GREEN (380w)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 six-core processor
Motherboard: Asrock AB350m Pro 4 Microatx
MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance High Performance Desktop Memory Module) 2 x 8gb
GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 1050 Ti mini
Yes, its worth the upgrade. This card uses ~120W. It might work with your current PSU but I recommend a CX450 or CX550.
You CPU is good for the 1660S, no bottleneck.

Reactions: Erko

Erko

Reputable
Jul 26, 2015
Yes, its worth the upgrade. This card uses ~120W. It might work with your current PSU but I recommend a CX450 or CX550.
You CPU is good for the 1660S, no bottleneck.
Glad to hear that. One more question, do you think the graphic card and the PSUs you mentioned will fit into my case?

Glad to hear that. One more question, do you think the graphic card and the PSUs you mentioned will fit into my case?
They should work since your current PSU is standard size and your current GPU is the mini like the new one. Your current GPU is dual slot in thickness right?

Edit: Yeah its dual slot just like the new one so no problem. Everything will work.